What's new

Secret Santa/BARBARINO -Unbanded Reviews-

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
SS-F- Lancero

Oily milk chocolate sheen, a tad bit of tooth and a decent rebound when squeezed.

Pre lite aroma Smells of black cherry yogurt.. Really! Lol the draw is effortless and tastes of delicious, rich tobacco.

Nutty with a soft sweetness on the finish. Tastes a bit like plums and pipe tobacco. The profile is a bit buttery and wood filled. There's some good pepper leaking through my nasal as I retro. The stick is burning fast but razor. Medium strength. So I got into a conversation with one of my workers about politics, money and clean energy....that was a bad idea. Conversations like that rarely get anywhere. No point in arguing anyway because I was clearly right... Lol damn that retro kicks! And no I'm not that arrogant. This lancy has some full flavors and is fitted with a medium body.

So Anonymous says they are going to leak "The Interview" for us at Christmas, as a present... Of course it will be illegal to watch it but to each there own. The stick has slowed its roll a bit and is now burning at a more comfortable pace. The profile reminds me a bit of Maltese Falcon pipe tobacco. Not at all the same but crossing characteristics. The blend has not transitioned at all and is staying consistent. Half way point and the profile hangs pretty tight. Menacing retro at times, pipe tobacco, nuts/fruit follows by a soft sweetness. Earth and leather play around a bit. I'm really enjoying the flavor combinations. Black cherry is still the first thing I pick out.

Coming into the final third, the profile is still very consistent. It's so tasty, perfect burn and draw. The retro can be a maniac at times but I'm cool with that because I enjoy the burn. I also enjoy that tomorrow is my last day of work until Sunday night. All I want for Christmas is the ability to not be a complete asshole through Christmas break. (Honestly.. I have an asshole complex like Tourette's... It plagues me) I'm not sick, so that is an excellent start. The profile has grown in richness but it's consistency is rock solid. The smoke is nice and cool as it lights up my sinus with a peppery blast. Now I'm supposed to guess...pshhhh. I'm going with....La Aroma De Cuba.

Smoke time: 1hr 30min

Score: 92

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I really thought you would guess this one :)

Herrera Esteli lancero

And I too suffer with compulsive A-hole-ness...at least that's what my wife says lol

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I really thought you would guess this one :)

Herrera Esteli lancero

And I too suffer with compulsive A-hole-ness...at least that's what my wife says lol
You know, I thought of that Lance but the few I smoked when they first came out did not (or I didn't notice) have the same depth. I'm telling you, it's a whole new experience even on cigars I've had before. There are a few smokes that I feel I might be able to nail right off the bat but like I said, I've smoked a lot of sticks but im not extremely familiar with any.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
You know, I thought of that Lance but the few I smoked when they first came out did not (or I didn't notice) have the same depth. I'm telling you, it's a whole new experience even on cigars I've had before. There are a few smokes that I feel I might be able to nail right off the bat but like I said, I've smoked a lot of sticks but im not extremely familiar with any.
I'm just Fing with you

One the bands is off it's really hard to nail it since your mind cycles through the eighty thousand options and every stick changes so if you haven't had one for awhile it's not completely the same.

All part of the fun. I just really like seeing if sticks live up to the hype when you don't have any expectations set for them like we do when we know what they are.

I'm due to do a blindy here soon, still got your two on deck

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I'm pairing it with Starbucks Guatemala because I gotta get my buzz on before hitting that graveyard shift.
every time i hear that someone works the graveyard shift i think of this (from Cheers):

Sam Malone: [about the engagement ring Woody bought for Kelly] How can you afford that on your salary?
Woody Boyd: Oh, don't worry, Sam. I'm getting a night job.
Sam Malone: You're going do another job when you leave here at two thirty in the morning?
Woody Boyd: Yup. Graveyard shift.
Sam Malone: Where?
Woody Boyd: Graveyard, Sam.
Woody Boyd: [sarcastically] Gee whiz, say goodnight Gracie.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
every time i hear that someone works the graveyard shift i think of this (from Cheers):

Sam Malone: [about the engagement ring Woody bought for Kelly] How can you afford that on your salary?
Woody Boyd: Oh, don't worry, Sam. I'm getting a night job.
Sam Malone: You're going do another job when you leave here at two thirty in the morning?
Woody Boyd: Yup. Graveyard shift.
Sam Malone: Where?
Woody Boyd: Graveyard, Sam.
Woody Boyd: [sarcastically] Gee whiz, say goodnight Gracie.
I remember that episode for sure. I love woody, he's the real deal.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
image.jpg SSG Lancero

This thing is a ragamuffin, there's an offset towards the cap, wrinkles everywhere...but the sponginess of the roll is just right. The color is a milk chocolate. Here we go.

Nutty with a bit of tart lime effect on the finish. Woody...almost barrel aged flavor. The Lance has a bit of kick.. Nothing major but enough to make you aware. The burn and draw is very nice. There's just the right amount of pepper in the retro to where you can purge it all out and not wince while you tear up afterward. The smoke production is about at medium and the aroma seems very rustic. The profile is a bit gritty, just how I like it. The body is picking up through the middle and a flavor that reminds me of hearty bread, toasted, mixes in. The retro is becoming emboldened as I smoke on. The profile is taking on a creaminess as I'm passing through the middle.

The profile towards the end is mostly pepper and wood, with the gritty appeal. This is definitely an all ligero blend. Strong, peppery, bold and gritty. The blend is straight forward, the flavors are good and the strength fits the profile nicely.

Custom Roll Lancero?

Smoke time 1hr 20mins

Score: 90
image.jpg I

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
View attachment 56911 SSG Lancero

This thing is a ragamuffin, there's an offset towards the cap, wrinkles everywhere...but the sponginess of the roll is just right. The color is a milk chocolate. Here we go.

Nutty with a bit of tart lime effect on the finish. Woody...almost barrel aged flavor. The Lance has a bit of kick.. Nothing major but enough to make you aware. The burn and draw is very nice. There's just the right amount of pepper in the retro to where you can purge it all out and not wince while you tear up afterward. The smoke production is about at medium and the aroma seems very rustic. The profile is a bit gritty, just how I like it. The body is picking up through the middle and a flavor that reminds me of hearty bread, toasted, mixes in. The retro is becoming emboldened as I smoke on. The profile is taking on a creaminess as I'm passing through the middle.

The profile towards the end is mostly pepper and wood, with the gritty appeal. This is definitely an all ligero blend. Strong, peppery, bold and gritty. The blend is straight forward, the flavors are good and the strength fits the profile nicely.

Custom Roll Lancero?

Smoke time 1hr 20mins

Score: 90
View attachment 56911 I
@JonHuber custom :)

Drumstick, great review, great stick!

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Ha....now that is one I didnt think of although I've only had one previously. Thanks Santy Ryan! I'm surprised that was a stick from Huber. It didn't fit his style (at least tasting it blindly) very cool.
It is very different for crowned heads but I love it. It's one of a few sticks I have that I will share very seldom :)