What's new

Secret Santa/BARBARINO -Unbanded Reviews-

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
image.jpg SSH

Lonsdale... It looks to be about a 40/42X6.. light roast coffee colored wrapper, Soft veins and even packing.

Not much through the cold draw but smooth tobacco.

This stick is starting off very tasty. Not overpowering but full of flavor. Woody, nutty, a nice spicy retro and a very faint sweetness. The burn waivers back and forth but always makes it way back to center. The draw and burn are perfect. You can really taste the Ligero.

There was an immediate, noticeable enhancement in body once I hit the second third. The profile becomes creamy. I'm detecting leather and I can start to feel the strength a bit in the gut as I let the smoke linger while I investigate the profile. I'm really enjoying this cigar. It's got a decent amount of kick, some good pepper and the uptick in body is right down my alley. The light sweetness still sits in the way back but adds enough to be relevant.

The profile is changing a bit as I hit the third but I can't make it out yet. Whatever it is, I like it. Leather, pepper...lots of pepper in the retro. So many times I describe the amount of pepper/spice and immediately over the next few draws, it changes... Which I really like because you can go from blowing out your nasal cavity to enjoying a nice long, smooth and flavorful retro...and then back to insane amounts of pepper and spice. Light sweet cream, leather, spice... Pretty damn good smoke. Still burning and drawing like a dream and the strength is a tick past medium.

The stick stayed pretty consistent, really enjoyable and effortless to smoke. The strength started out and ended about the same. I'd definitely toss this in the rotation and think it's a versatile stick that can be enjoyed any time of day.

Smoke time: 1hr 5m

Score: 92

Guess: Illusione Lonsdale

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
View attachment 56954 SSH

Lonsdale... It looks to be about a 40/42X6.. light roast coffee colored wrapper, Soft veins and even packing.

Not much through the cold draw but smooth tobacco.

This stick is starting off very tasty. Not overpowering but full of flavor. Woody, nutty, a nice spicy retro and a very faint sweetness. The burn waivers back and forth but always makes it way back to center. The draw and burn are perfect. You can really taste the Ligero.

There was an immediate, noticeable enhancement in body once I hit the second third. The profile becomes creamy. I'm detecting leather and I can start to feel the strength a bit in the gut as I let the smoke linger while I investigate the profile. I'm really enjoying this cigar. It's got a decent amount of kick, some good pepper and the uptick in body is right down my alley. The light sweetness still sits in the way back but adds enough to be relevant.

The profile is changing a bit as I hit the third but I can't make it out yet. Whatever it is, I like it. Leather, pepper...lots of pepper in the retro. So many times I describe the amount of pepper/spice and immediately over the next few draws, it changes... Which I really like because you can go from blowing out your nasal cavity to enjoying a nice long, smooth and flavorful retro...and then back to insane amounts of pepper and spice. Light sweet cream, leather, spice... Pretty damn good smoke. Still burning and drawing like a dream and the strength is a tick past medium.

The stick stayed pretty consistent, really enjoyable and effortless to smoke. The strength started out and ended about the same. I'd definitely toss this in the rotation and think it's a versatile stick that can be enjoyed any time of day.

Smoke time: 1hr 5m

Score: 92

Guess: Illusione Lonsdale
Sounds like this is coming along nicely. Regular rotation it will be not since they only made 750 of them...

Viaje white label petite lance test blend #7 :)

Great review

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
BARBARINO A
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420557545.481109.jpg
Petite Corona

Caramel hue wrapper with stitched in veins

A nice cedar prelit aroma

So I am really tired and while putting in the final line of this review, I nodded off and my hand rested on the iPad somehow deleting my whole review! Grrrrrrrrrr. So I'm going to give you the short and skinny of it... Sorry guys.

Starts off full of flavor which was a surprise because based on the looks of it, I thought it was going to be a tame little stick. First off, this is a CC, I suspected it from the look and confirmed it with the first few puffs. The profile starts off woody,light pepper, with a sharpness reminiscent of an aged cheddar...and no I'm not saying this tastes like cheese...lol. Through the middle I get a sense of exotic fruit that I've never had before...almost like mango but without the sugars. There is a nice transition that brings about a nutty/earthy/creamy mix and the spice begins to pick up as well. It finishes full of flavor and spice, draw and burn, like a dream... The perfect little short smoke. The strength never got above medium which makes it a perfect morning smoke. I loved it Andrew, thank you.

Smoke time: 1hr

Score: 94

Guess: Por Larranaga

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
image.jpg SSI

Robusto- packed to the gills. Solid weight, beautiful dark and toothy wrapper. It's a really unique looking wrapper.. Reminds me of a stained glass window with all of the veins and creases running through it.

Cold draw brings....tobacco. (You know me and cold draws...)

This thing is a beauty. Into the first inch and the burn line is razor. The draw could be a taaaaad more open but no complaints. The flavors are rich and clean. Nutty, creamy, a rich sweetness and a butter smooth retro. I can guarantee I've had this smoke before, now to just figure it out. The nuttiness is almond.. The strength is about medium.

The spice and strength pick up a tick into the second third. The sweetness and cream have died back a little to reveal a spicy leather. There is a bit of coco powder in the background. Definitely an excellent smoke. The second third ends in heavy spice, the cream and sweetness died way back, the almond is still present along with the added leather and coco.

The final third is starting out the same but the strength has continued to slowly build. The strength has really picked up. The profile shifted to almost no sweetness, pepper Bomb, leather and the creamy nuttiness has stayed consistent throughout.

This stick had a nice transition and ended strong. It's interesting because it started rich and creamy, dying down towards the finish which was spicy/nutty with leather and coco. Very cool. Burned and smoked great. Almost a perfect burning/smoking stick actually. Top notch smoke, thank you Ryan. Now I have to guess....(we all know that I'll be wrong)

Smoke time: 1hr 15m

Score: 93

Guess: Tatuaje Regios Reserva

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
View attachment 57092 SSI

Robusto- packed to the gills. Solid weight, beautiful dark and toothy wrapper. It's a really unique looking wrapper.. Reminds me of a stained glass window with all of the veins and creases running through it.

Cold draw brings....tobacco. (You know me and cold draws...)

This thing is a beauty. Into the first inch and the burn line is razor. The draw could be a taaaaad more open but no complaints. The flavors are rich and clean. Nutty, creamy, a rich sweetness and a butter smooth retro. I can guarantee I've had this smoke before, now to just figure it out. The nuttiness is almond.. The strength is about medium.

The spice and strength pick up a tick into the second third. The sweetness and cream have died back a little to reveal a spicy leather. There is a bit of coco powder in the background. Definitely an excellent smoke. The second third ends in heavy spice, the cream and sweetness died way back, the almond is still present along with the added leather and coco.

The final third is starting out the same but the strength has continued to slowly build. The strength has really picked up. The profile shifted to almost no sweetness, pepper Bomb, leather and the creamy nuttiness has stayed consistent throughout.

This stick had a nice transition and ended strong. It's interesting because it started rich and creamy, dying down towards the finish which was spicy/nutty with leather and coco. Very cool. Burned and smoked great. Almost a perfect burning/smoking stick actually. Top notch smoke, thank you Ryan. Now I have to guess....(we all know that I'll be wrong)

Smoke time: 1hr 15m

Score: 93

Guess: Tatuaje Regios Reserva
Good review. Lazy guess considering the robo size lol

Glad it burned well, I love this stick

Viaje Cache

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Actually, I always second guess myself and think way to deep into it. So I tried to be a little more mainstream on this guess.. Although, I knew deep down it wasn't right lol. None of my guesses are lazy, they plague me. Plus you have me the regular regios last time so I figured maybe it was reserva but in all honesty I'm pretty sure I knew the wrapper was wrong for the regios reserva...lol

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Actually, I always second guess myself and think way to deep into it. So I tried to be a little more mainstream on this guess.. Although, I knew deep down it wasn't right lol. None of my guesses are lazy, they plague me. Plus you have me the regular regios last time so I figured maybe it was reserva but in all honesty I'm pretty sure I knew the wrapper was wrong for the regios reserva...lol
I gave you the regios.reserva last time.

The reason I say lazy is the regios isn't robo is all. The robo is one of the most difficult to guess in blind review though because it is so common.

Kind of like the churchill you got coming up for the finale!