What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not really a purchase. I was down in Oaxaca helping a friend train some of his staff and shooting some episodes for his show. This was delivered to me Friday. View attachment 133281
Oh... my... fucking... God...

You know what you have there?
That's 1980 vintage bourbon. It was bottled by Buffalo Trace and offered to charitable organizations for fundraisers. Only 100 bottles made... and they raised lots of funds.View attachment 133290
I certainly do. My jaw dropped.
Holy fuck

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's 1980 vintage bourbon. It was bottled by Buffalo Trace and offered to charitable organizations for fundraisers. Only 100 bottles made... and they raised lots of funds.View attachment 133290
You are correct about several offered to various charities. My friend owns several restaurants in hr Chicago area and works with several charities and he got 3 at an auction.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I
You are correct about several offered to various charities. My friend owns several restaurants in hr Chicago area and works with several charities and he got 3 at an auction.
Think that was the sole purpose of the releases, iirc. Charitable donations. They would accept applications for the bottles and decide who was deserving. Really cool... plan to drink it?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I

Think that was the sole purpose of the releases, iirc. Charitable donations. They would accept applications for the bottles and decide who was deserving. Really cool... plan to drink it?
Yes but on VERY special occasions. We just went to contract on our outdoor kitchen and I think I may crack it open for its inaugural cook. My wife loves bourbon and cranberry. I told her not to even look at it lol. I’m thinking of hiring an armed guard.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I Had a doctor’s appointment in Nashville, TN today and what should have taken 4 hours maximum for the round trip ended up taking a little over 10 hours! And don’t even get me started on the traffic in that damn place!:banghead: So, by the time I made it home to say I was a little aggravated would be an understatement, But all the aggravation faded away when I saw what was waiting on me when I walked through the door......My man @gurgalunas came through for me with not only one bottle of Blackened Whiskey, but two!! Thank you so much for picking these up for me, I’m am in your debt.
C531F1FA-C4A8-40AE-9B10-5F661D55A414.jpeg

The wife and daughter told me to tell you thanks for the candy, the Hot Tamales and Red Hots are the wife’s favorite and the M&Ms and Nerds are a favorite of my daughter. As soon as the Four Roses hits the shelves I will return the favor. Thanks again Craig, I very much appreciate it.

Jody

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I Had a doctor’s appointment in Nashville, TN today and what should have taken 4 hours maximum for the round trip ended up taking a little over 10 hours! And don’t even get me started on the traffic in that damn place!:banghead: So, by the time I made it home to say I was a little aggravated would be an understatement, But all the aggravation faded away when I saw what was waiting on me when I walked through the door......My man @gurgalunas came through for me with not only one bottle of Blackened Whiskey, but two!! Thank you so much for picking these up for me, I’m am in your debt.
View attachment 133379

The wife and daughter told me to tell you thanks for the candy, the Hot Tamales and Red Hots are the wife’s favorite and the M&Ms and Nerds are a favorite of my daughter. As soon as the Four Roses hits the shelves I will return the favor. Thanks again Craig, I very much appreciate it.

Jody
Glad it made it safely!

I always try to pack noisemakers in the shipping box to hide the "glug" sound of the booze. Didnt have any empty pill bottles to add gravel, so I bought a selection of candy. Figured they wouldnt go to waste...

Enjoy!

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Glad it made it safely!

I always try to pack noisemakers in the shipping box to hide the "glug" sound of the booze. Didnt have any empty pill bottles to add gravel, so I bought a selection of candy. Figured they wouldnt go to waste...

Enjoy!
Yeah, that candy worked great. I couldn’t hear the liquid at all over the noise the candy was making. Great idea, I’ll be sure to remember that one.

Jody

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Needed another wheater and wanted something as a higher proof alternative to OWA. Haven’t had Maker’s in forever but getting back to my roots in where I started enjoying bourbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not a fan of standard Makers or 46 (other than as mixers), but have tried and liked the cask strength.
You should try the Makers Private Select
I recently bought one of these, but have yet opened it. Hope it lives up to it's good reputation. .

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
View attachment 133379

Jody
Craig is a good man, let me know how that Blackened is, I'm curious....they weren't selling it at the show, just the beer

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Needed another wheater and wanted something as a higher proof alternative to OWA. Haven’t had Maker’s in forever but getting back to my roots in where I started enjoying bourbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmmm a cask strength Maker's.....I'll have to try this, I have had Maker's a couple x's this week, been awhile and really enjoying it again .

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Craig is a good man, let me know how that Blackened is, I'm curious....they weren't selling it at the show, just the beer
Yeah, he sure is. It might be a little bit before I open a bottle of it, but when I do I’ll let you know. I’m falling behind on my drinking duties. I still have to finish those samples @GoBison sent me and then the bottle @BloodWood sent. I’ve had some doctor appointments and taking some meds that I’m not supposed to drink while taking, but I’ll get back on it here shortly.

Jody