What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Here is the full story behind the mini-bottles. :) It started a couple years back when I randomly decided to grab several of them that were up by the register at the liquor store when i was checking out. Brought a couple on a beach trip for the wife and I to try. They were all HORRIBLE, naturally, since the most expensive one of the bunch was $0.99. Thus began a tradition of me buying the nastiest mini-bottles I can find (usually some kind of unnaturally neon vodka or a flavored bourbon) and bringing them on beach trips or when otherwise imbibing. Usually I'll preface it by asking her "Do you want to party?", at which point we will split a mini-bottle and try not to gag. :LOL:

I will say that the mini-bottles of tequila I buy are NEVER bad. I can't do cheap tequila, not at all. Nope. Ugh. The worst ones are usually anything Apple or cinnamon flavored. Vanilla Jim Beam is not too bad. Oh and I had something called a snakebite once which was the worst thing I've ever had. Think it was some kind of bourbon/lime mixture. Nobody should mix those.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That's a cool story @Texican , I get it now. Wouldn't drink it, but I get it. :LOL:

If you ever come across that Snakebite again, please let me know where. I have a friend on another forum who goes by SNKBYT, might have to try and grab one for him.
I Googled it, and it is called the Yukon Jack Snakebite. It's worth trying, in a "I'm thankful I never have to try this again" way!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Kind of like the skit where the wino brews up some rot gut. passes the bottle to his friend and pulls a gun on him "Drink it" the guy drinks it, the wino passes him the gun and says, "now make me drink it"
:LOL: :LOL:

Pretty much like that. Almost every bottle ends with a pained facial expression and some variant of "That was HORRIBLE!"

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Neither would I.

Did you see Scottie's recent interview on the Dan Patrick Show? Dude says he's moved on but obviously still has issues with Phil and MJ.

Wasn't aware that SP's oldest son died earlier this year. RIP Antron.
I saw a local interview he did, he know zero about bourbon. He didn't mention MJ or Phil, but I know you're right.

He's looking more and more like Bubbles every day.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Been a while since I’ve been lerking here…but happened to be in the area of a somewhat new (and first!) Total Wine here on Long Island…..I thought I died and went to heaven for the sheer size of the store. Budget was a tad tight but I was happy with my haul and FIRST ever store pick!! I feel like an amateur LOL!!

Attachments