What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Scooped a private blend Barrell Bourbon from a restaurant that has a killer whiskey list and does awesome private barrel picks.

They also had a private Peerless Cask Strength Rye. I have read many below average reviews of Peerless Rye, especially for the price, but this pick was actually really good. I almost bought that bottle instead of this one. May grab it when I’m back down in Ocean City in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Scooped a private blend Barrell Bourbon from a restaurant that has a killer whiskey list and does awesome private barrel picks.

They also had a private Peerless Cask Strength Rye. I have read many below average reviews of Peerless Rye, especially for the price, but this pick was actually really good. I almost bought that bottle instead of this one. May grab it when I’m back down in Ocean City in a few weeks.
I hear really good things about Peerless picks, especially ones from the distillery. Have you tried your Barrell pick yet?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I hear really good things about Peerless picks, especially ones from the distillery. Have you tried your Barrell pick yet?
Yeah I did a flight of a few of their private picks including the Barrell and Peerless picks. Both were really good. The Peerless was 5 years old and had a ton of creamy vanilla notes, which surprised me.

The Barrell is outstanding. I had a 15 yr single barrel Barrell “pick” for my counties liquor stores but found it to be over oaked (I think the our county run stores at that time just got barrels offered to them rather than actually picking them). This pick Barrell has a really nice rich and dusty oak note, lots of baking spice, and vanilla caramel added to these on the finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Thank you for the insight @jcolan1 . Might have to give one of my local's Peerless picks a try.

My Barrell pick (from a different store) is decent, but nothing I'd buy again. Another store has a cask strength Canadian rye from Barrell (130+ proof) that keeps tempting me as well.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Good stuff, Carlos. Now get a bottle of Booker's and all is forgiven. ;):LOL:
Haha! I actually tried looking for it when I placed this order (was a delivery...I was lazy). Neither Spec's nor Total Wine shows it on their website! Which Booker's do you recommend to start with that isn't at too brutal a price point? Looks like I'm gonna have to track this stuff down in person.

I'm ready to get into the good stuff though. Ordered me a Glencairn glass and everything...

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Haha! I actually tried looking for it when I placed this order (was a delivery...I was lazy). Neither Spec's nor Total Wine shows it on their website! Which Booker's do you recommend to start with that isn't at too brutal a price point? Looks like I'm gonna have to track this stuff down in person.

I'm ready to get into the good stuff though. Ordered me a Glencairn glass and everything...
Bad News is it can be tough to find older Booker's, even the 2020s.

Good news is the latest batch is probably the best since 2019, Tagalong Batch (2021-02). Retail should be $79-89.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I realized I'm looking at this all wrong. This means I get to devote several hours one weekend to driving around town to various liquor stores in search of Booker's. Im sure various bottles of it and other treats will be giving me puppydog eyes and begging for a new home. Oh woe is me!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I realized I'm looking at this all wrong. This means I get to devote several hours one weekend to driving around town to various liquor stores in search of Booker's. Im sure various bottles of it and other treats will be giving me puppydog eyes and begging for a new home. Oh woe is me!
If you come across any 2019 or older Booker's for $99 or less, I'd make it worth your while, :cool: ;)