What's new

Show us your latest golf purchase

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Nike.com

Jordan Flight Runner. Just came out this morning.
I know what it is. Didn't know if any place has them for sale yet.
Just put a call in to my brother to see if he can hook me up. Don't feel like spending $200 on shoes (when I already have 9 or 10 pairs of golf shoes already.) :)

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Decided to mess with my putter. Im one of those guys who likes to jack with my swing and equipment all the time. I'm basically tiger without ever having an ounce of talent :)

Installed a super stroke 2.0 XL +. Allows me to quickly change out my counterweight. I have 50 grams in the grip and added enough headweight to get to 400 grams. I put an extension on the shaft to get to 38 inches. It's heavy as shit but putts crazy smooth. One round in and im feeling good about it.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Decided to mess with my putter. Im one of those guys who likes to jack with my swing and equipment all the time. I'm basically tiger without ever having an ounce of talent :)

Installed a super stroke 2.0 XL +. Allows me to quickly change out my counterweight. I have 50 grams in the grip and added enough headweight to get to 400 grams. I put an extension on the shaft to get to 38 inches. It's heavy as shit but putts crazy smooth. One round in and im feeling good about it.

I've been putting great (and still ended up buying another putter.) The nice putter I bought I couldn't bring myself to use on the course. :)

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
there's a garage sale near me tomorrow. what would you look for in used gear? what would be the clubs to get first? besides how it fits in your hand what do you look for when sizing clubs? and most importantly what would be the most you'd pay for some clubs(i know that can vary)? sorry for all the newb questions and here's a link to the craigslist post http://greensboro.craigslist.org/spo/5058566146.html

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Ping Eye two set is one of the best you can buy and has been for 30 years.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I would try to get a set of irons and a bag if you can get it for dirt cheap. As for a driver, you can find recent models for very inexpensive on eBay. And by that, I mean $100 or less. Even from Callaway Preowned, you can get an excellent condition driver for $120 with the right promo codes.
Now based on the listing, I wouldn't spend more than $100 on any of those irons sets. That's not to say you go there and offer $100. Start even lower. The Pings are great, and the only set I would consider buying but you can buy those on eBay for around $120.
To be honest, if you are going to invest some money into the game, send over a PM to me with your budget and I can put something together for you from eBay.

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
there's a garage sale near me tomorrow. what would you look for in used gear? what would be the clubs to get first? besides how it fits in your hand what do you look for when sizing clubs? and most importantly what would be the most you'd pay for some clubs(i know that can vary)? sorry for all the newb questions and here's a link to the craigslist post http://greensboro.craigslist.org/spo/5058566146.html
Those are some old sets. $350 for any of those is very steep. You can get all those items on ebay shipped for way less. I would look for a more modern set, especially if you are just getting started in the sport. The technology has become a lot better and they are much easier to hit. Look for a set that's a couple to three years old. Some brand new items sell for low prices because they are not in demand. I'm recently bought my brand new Adams Super S Fairway Wood for $25 shipped on ebay. At those prices, you can put together a newer brand name set for that $350 that craigslist guy is asking. Find some reviews on Irons, drivers, hybrid on some golf websites and go from there. Here is a rough guide to fit yourself for a set:
http://www.customgolfstop.com/CustomFitting.htm
Finding standard length, unbent irons on ebay will be easy. If you need a different lie angle then it will be a little more work. Most large golf shops will bend it to your specs for a fee.

Another option is to build a set from component heads. Way cheap and you can get everything fit to your swing type and body specs. I used to build clubs all the time so I can do it for you easily and for free :) Here is a website I used for component heads, shafts and grips if you want to check out:
http://www.hirekogolf.com/

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Just finished piecing this one together. Can't wait to give it a rip this weekend.

10* JDM SLDR 430 TP
757 Evolution Tour Spec
44.75"
D2 swingweight

EDIT: This thing feels like a wood bat.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just bought some Titleist golf balls and an Under Armor hat. Playing golf for the first time in a couple months on Friday. Eagle Creek on the west side of Indianapolis.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Anybody use the Golflogix app? Just started using it to track my scores instead of holding on to scorecards. And it keeps some stats.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Yes I do, very helpful especially with better detail on putts and such. Can really see where I need to improve (everywhere lol)

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Anybody use the Golflogix app? Just started using it to track my scores instead of holding on to scorecards. And it keeps some stats.
Did when I had android. Haven't installed on my iphone yet

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I've only used it for 3 rounds but I like it. Counting puts and seeing where I'm hitting tee shots.