What's new

Show us your latest golf purchase

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Got a new putter in the winter but have no idea why. I putt just fine with my old one. :)

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
The same reason we have humidor a full of different cigars. If we only bought what we absolutely needed, that would take away half of the fun.
I get that with shoes and cigars and glasses and watches.

I'm still not there yet with putters or switching out clubs etc.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I get that with shoes and cigars and glasses and watches.

I'm still not there yet with putters or switching out clubs etc.
I won one of those odyssey three ball putters years back. Used it for years and suuuucked at putting.

Finally went back to old faithful, a $10 ping putter I bought from a bargain bin and it revolutionized my putting

Not sure how that applies but wanted to share it

Guess it just comes down to comfort

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
After almost six years of playing, one thing I've learned is that you can't buy a golf game. It still doesn't stop me from always looking at the latest clubs, and drooling (and more than I like to admit, opening my wallet) Kinda like all these LE smokes that come out weekly.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
After almost six years of playing, one thing I've learned is that you can't buy a golf game. It still doesn't stop me from always looking at the latest clubs, and drooling (and more than I like to admit, opening my wallet) Kinda like all these LE smokes that come out weekly.
I will say one thing though. I had a Nike Covert driver and drove ok with it (been playing for 2 years so take that for what it's worth.) I was gifted a Covert 2 driver because someone got one free and I lose a little distance with it but everything seems to be going straighter. Maybe it just fits me better. Who knows?

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I will say one thing though. I had a Nike Covert driver and drove ok with it (been playing for 2 years so take that for what it's worth.) I was gifted a Covert 2 driver because someone got one free and I lose a little distance with it but everything seems to be going straighter. Maybe it just fits me better. Who knows?
Shaft profile prob more suited to your swing

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love my Cameron. Doesn't help me putt any better, but sure looks good.

Just had one of those fat grips installed on it Saturday. Played Monday, and seems to have helped more than anything else has as far as pulling my putts

mine has the same grip also and love the way it feels specially with the putter being heavy it's a smooth putt now. I had a really light putter and felt as if I was swinging it

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Could be or could be that the old one was a tour/pro one which I got because of its shaft. This present shaft on the first covert did not work well at all.
The tour version is a smaller head size. If you got a standard covert 2 then that very well may be the difference. Chefy is correct on the shaft. Changed from regular flex to stiff and it makes a big difference.

Have been wanting to try the new nike rzn balls and golfball nut had a sale on them. If you haven't bought from them I highly recommend them. Mint condition balls are nearly indistinguishable from brand new except a possible logo here and there. 2 dozen for $18. Use code Freeship. I do not recommend the reconditioned as they are stripped and repainted, though I have not played them.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Sweet, thanks for the golf nut referral. I'll have to check it out.

Funny thing is I bought a box of the RZN Whites to try, but really to just buy something at Golfsmith as I only went there to ask for a box to ship a club I sold. So yeah, thanks for the link! I am glad I saved the receipt.

EDIT: I bought a dozen RZN White and a dozen '14 NXT Tour. $21.98! Got my league balls for the season.

Last edited:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Adam's pro mini hybrid.

Raining now so I cannot try them out on the course but tomorrow I will.

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
The tour version is a smaller head size. If you got a standard covert 2 then that very well may be the difference. Chefy is correct on the shaft. Changed from regular flex to stiff and it makes a big difference.

Have been wanting to try the new nike rzn balls and golfball nut had a sale on them. If you haven't bought from them I highly recommend them. Mint condition balls are nearly indistinguishable from brand new except a possible logo here and there. 2 dozen for $18. Use code Freeship. I do not recommend the reconditioned as they are stripped and repainted, though I have not played them.
When did you use the free ship code? Tried it today and it's not working.