What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My most recent is expected to be delivered on Friday. I got Pennsylvania Oscuro Wrapper
Honduran Ligero
Aged Brazilian Habano Viso
Dominican Binder
Aged Dominican Volado Piloto Cubano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A tasty melange as individual items.... How do you plan to make them work together?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tasty melange as individual items.... How do you plan to make them work together?
Im new to this so I done know if it will be good but my plan is

Wrapper:
Virginia Oscuro Wrapper

Binder:
Dominican Binder

Filler:
First Leaf (half)
- Aged Brazilian Habano Viso
Second Leaf (full)
- Aged Dominican Volado Piloto Cubano
3rd Leaf (1 and a half)
- Honduran Ligero
4th Leaf (half)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Im new to this so I done know if it will be good but my plan is

Wrapper:
Virginia Oscuro Wrapper

Binder:
Dominican Binder

Filler:
First Leaf (half)
Second Leaf (full)
- Aged Dominican Volado Piloto Cubano
3rd Leaf (1 and a half)
- Honduran Ligero
4th Leaf (half)

Hi, Goodson! Nice to see you.
I'm curious about your list here, since you've got 1/2 leaves of the same Aged Brazilian Viso at each "end," and your volado in the middle. Is this sort of a diagram of how you intend to structure this thing in some fashion? Like layers of a sandwich with viso as the bread and voldado and ligero as the meat? That would be unusual, since the combusty stuff like volado usually goes near the outside. And rather than listing two half leaves of the same thing we'd tend to list just one leaf total. And we might list the filler in the order of their "priming" from bottom to top, so like:

W: Virginia Oscuro (did you mean PA?)
B: Dominican
F: 1 PC volado; 1 BH viso; 1.5 Hon L.

Obviously it doesn't matter; I was just curious about those two 1/2 leaves... Happy rolling! -b

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Goodson! Nice to see you.
I'm curious about your list here, since you've got 1/2 leaves of the same Aged Brazilian Viso at each "end," and your volado in the middle. Is this sort of a diagram of how you intend to structure this thing in some fashion? Like layers of a sandwich with viso as the bread and voldado and ligero as the meat? That would be unusual, since the combusty stuff like volado usually goes near the outside. And rather than listing two half leaves of the same thing we'd tend to list just one leaf total. And we might list the filler in the order of their "priming" from bottom to top, so like:

W: Virginia Oscuro (did you mean PA?)
B: Dominican
F: 1 PC volado; 1 BH viso; 1.5 Hon L.

Obviously it doesn't matter; I was just curious about those two 1/2 leaves... Happy rolling! -b
Basically I was listing the order of how I would layer it. This is actually the first recipe I’ve ever made. I started rolling a few weeks ago. I really appreciate the input and I’ll change the position of some leaves. As for the half leaves, I start with half of the first Leaf and then end the stack with the other half. That’s just how I was taught to do it

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Basically I was listing the order of how I would layer it. This is actually the first recipe I’ve ever made. I started rolling a few weeks ago. I really appreciate the input and I’ll change the position of some leaves. As for the half leaves, I start with half of the first Leaf and then end the stack with the other half. That’s just how I was taught to do it

Cool, thanks. That's what I thought your list meant, just wasn't sure.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Dominican-Cigar-Binder-DMNBNDR.htm

Just how I like it. This has been consistent. There's some processing needed to be done. These hands will get lightly misted and go into this closed tub to hydr8 for air8in a good amount of the ammonia in it. One hand of it will go on to fully finished processing and go into cigars in the next few months. The rest will be dried to a degree and get stored for later.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
... closed tub to aerate ...
Seems oxymoronic.
Don'tcha need air to aerate? Or am I confusing aerate with air8?

I ask cause I'm at just that stage with some CT shade where I damped it good & let it make that diaper pail odor, so now I'm about to set it out on the porch on a rainy evening to air out. Tho that stuff may not be a good example, cause it's so damn delicate that if you just unfold it and wave it round in the air the diaper pail goes away just like that.

I'm liking this WLT Dom binder. Mine looks darker than your pic; but then, pics do that to a color.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems oxymoronic.
Don'tcha need air to aerate? Or am I confusing aerate with air8?

I ask cause I'm at just that stage with some CT shade where I damped it good & let it make that diaper pail odor, so now I'm about to set it out on the porch on a rainy evening to air out. Tho that stuff may not be a good example, cause it's so damn delicate that if you just unfold it and wave it round in the air the diaper pail goes away just like that.

I'm liking this WLT Dom binder. Mine looks darker than your pic; but then, pics do that to a color.
Yeah. howbout, "closed tub to hydr8 for air8in" the flash is brightening it