What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Can't wait to try each leaf all by itself.
I also have a bunch more leaves on the way.
I really like the smell of what I already have.

How should I store them??

To me, this exciting shit!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I keep the leaves in the bags they came in, filler goes in large Tupperware tubs with a lid, binder and wrapper just stay in the boxes they ship in since I roll through those pretty quick.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Can't wait to try each leaf all by itself.
I also have a bunch more leaves on the way.
I really like the smell of what I already have.

How should I store them??

To me, this exciting shit!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The humidity here is 75-90, so I just open the bags and scatter the leaf on the floor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so looking forward to making my first awkward looking cigars.
They are like new born children. Some will have a face that only "a mother could love" but you'll love them just the same.
However, unlike children, when they misbehave or smelly or just plain bad seeds... you can smash them in the ashtray and go roll a new one.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No time to case or roll this week.
Next week we are doing a couple of technical dives in Lake Huron. So this coming weekend I need to head to the quarry and shake down everything and get the rust off of me. So I need to get my gear together this week.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
20170713_114549.jpg
Hello,
Last leaf purchase from WLT - a pound each of dom seco, dom binder, mata fina, corojo viso, piloto cubano seco, and criollo 98 ligero.

All the past times I have ordered from WLT the tobacco was in great shape but this time the ligero smelled like raisins and the dom binder was horrible with ammonia.

I took half the binder and sprayed with mojo and seems to have killed the ammonia smell but it still tastes like crap.

Any suggestions for the ligero raisin smell or the remainder of the binder ??

Thanks,
Nick

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
View attachment 100509
Hello,
Last leaf purchase from WLT - a pound each of dom seco, dom binder, mata fina, corojo viso, piloto cubano seco, and criollo 98 ligero.

All the past times I have ordered from WLT the tobacco was in great shape but this time the ligero smelled like raisins and the dom binder was horrible with ammonia.

I took half the binder and sprayed with mojo and seems to have killed the ammonia smell but it still tastes like crap.

Any suggestions for the ligero raisin smell or the remainder of the binder ??

Thanks,
Nick
I use that ligero quite a bit. Have you used it in a blend yet? The binder may just need to air out and rest a bit.