What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am still trying to understand the secret nature of the leaf supply in the industry. Even if you nail down a supplier, you have to nail down the varieties and exact ratios to copy a stick. That is assuming they aren't petuning (mojo/saucing), fermenting, aging, or any variety of other things that will change how the leaf behaves. Even if I tell you exactly where I get my leaf, what quantities I use, you aren't going to roll it like I do so the end result isn't necessarily going to be the same. Shrug
I just want the variety. Zillions of nations and farms and leaves and we're basically stuck with the same shit year in, year out, because we don't understand the game. Knowledge is strength and we're stuck in a pitiful state of ignorance.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for posting... the photos are amazing and I enjoyed them very much!!!

Cigar leaf grower also! I very much enjoyed the photo of your 'employees' working on the cigars.
I'd be interested in hearing how those cigars smoke using your own leaf. It appears you ferment it also?
Hi and thank you, I have smoked a couple of my "homegrown" cigars and they do not taste good yet. I believe that I had wrong kind of tobacco in this first year as a leaf grower, Mostley there was leaf for pipe tobacco and some Rustica needs more time to be finished. I did a fermentation on all leafs for 30 days (until the leafs smelled great). For 2018 I have purchased seeds for cigar rolling.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
2 pounds of binder, heaven #

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Love that Ecuadorian spice. I’ve been using a lot of that leaf lately.
Piloto Ligero,
Corojo Viso
Dominican Seco
Sumatra or bmf binder
1/2 leaf of bmf upper stalk filler
Ecuadorian wrapper. (The binder grade has plenty of wrapper in it)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That all looks nice! what I want to get is that Brazilian Cubra Seco Filler. What I noticed for a while now is that they have been out of Dominican binder. maybe thats why its not in you pile there?
I have been using the Cubra Seco for some weeks now and can highly recommend it, as part of the great suite of LO secos.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
That all looks nice! what I want to get is that Brazilian Cubra Seco Filler. What I noticed for a while now is that they have been out of Dominican binder. maybe thats why its not in you pile there?
You know, you're right and I forgot to order from Don. Don's filler used to be superior, but what I've been getting from LO lately has been inpressing me as long as I can remember to order ahead of time and be patient. I still need my corojo and criollo and will never leave Don in the dust completely, but when my fillers start coming more as crumbles instead of whole leaves I get a little bitter. I'm far from his largest account so I don't bother addressing it, the leaf is still usable but it doesn't seem to be what it used to be while LO is going the opposite direction and improving quality

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What's it taste like, Blake?
To me it tastes like piloto cubano seco with a touch of kitchen spice and a little bit of zing. It is a dark colored leaf but not too thick, and like all recent LO secos, in excellent size and condition. My guess is that it is PC, but I reckon it could also be Olor.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This order is a very basic complete rollers' kit, featuring volado, seco, and ligero, plus a binder that doubles as a wrapper. This volado is a rich and creamy "seco," and this seco is a darkish almost viso-esque leaf; so all the semantical troubles of leaf naming are accounted for.

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
This order is a very basic complete rollers' kit, featuring volado, seco, and ligero, plus a binder that doubles as a wrapper. This volado is a rich and creamy "seco," and this seco is a darkish almost viso-esque leaf; so all the semantical troubles of leaf naming are accounted for.
I have Jorge ligero that I haven't used. Otherwise I think I'll make the same order. We should trade a few.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have Jorge ligero that I haven't used. Otherwise I think I'll make the same order. We should trade a few.
Yeah the only thing that makes me a shitty trading partner is that I basically don't like brown wrappers, at least those we can get. And most everyone else doesn't like yellow wrappers. But I would be happy to make some special brown sticks for people.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Yeah the only thing that makes me a shitty trading partner is that I basically don't like brown wrappers, at least those we can get. And most everyone else doesn't like yellow wrappers. But I would be happy to make some special brown sticks for people.
I'm actually looking for good yellow wrapper. Is that nica binder(wrapper) fitting that bill for you?