What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Svensktalande?
Thank you for posting... the photos are amazing and I enjoyed them very much!!!

Cigar leaf grower also! I very much enjoyed the photo of your 'employees' working on the cigars.
I'd be interested in hearing how those cigars smoke using your own leaf. It appears you ferment it also?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
When i was visiting Ruiz Cigars in sparks NV few days ago, the owner Marvin gave me some of his binder and wrapper, enough for about 20 rolls free.
I did ask if he would sell some but his shop/lounge only sells his custom rolls and it seems he has a hard time getting enough for himself.
Marvin is from Nicaragua and used to roll for Padron before he came here, real nice guy and well worth a visit if your ever in the Reno area.
I have some pics of his walk in on my ipad, ill post up later
The leaf is Habano from Nicaragua.IMG_1700.JPG

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When i was visiting Ruiz Cigars in sparks NV few days ago, the owner Marvin gave me some of his binder and wrapper, enough for about 20 rolls free.
I did ask if he would sell some but his shop/lounge only sells his custom rolls and it seems he has a hard time getting enough for himself.
Marvin is from Nicaragua and used to roll for Padron before he came here, real nice guy and well worth a visit if your ever in the Reno area.
The leaf is Habano from Nicaragua.View attachment 106112
How great! Did you ask where/how he gets that leaf?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
He said its from Nicaragua but was resistant to tell me more, as i said i asked if he would sell some and he said he uses all he gets.
Lol, yeah. I did read your post. I meant more like the chain of supply from Nicaragua to Sparks.

I think for laughs I'm going to try some of the secretive shit that goes on in this racket. "Where did you get that tobacco?" "Nicaragua." "I mean, like, WLT? LO? Somewhere else?" "I told you, bro, I got it from Nicaragua."

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The leaf is Habano from Nicaragua.View attachment 106112
Sumatra binder on the left and Habana seed wrapper on the right.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Lol, yeah. I did read your post. I meant more like the chain of supply from Nicaragua to Sparks.

I think for laughs I'm going to try some of the secretive shit that goes on in this racket. "Where did you get that tobacco?" "Nicaragua." "I mean, like, WLT? LO? Somewhere else?" "I told you, bro, I got it from Nicaragua."
I am still trying to understand the secret nature of the leaf supply in the industry. Even if you nail down a supplier, you have to nail down the varieties and exact ratios to copy a stick. That is assuming they aren't petuning (mojo/saucing), fermenting, aging, or any variety of other things that will change how the leaf behaves. Even if I tell you exactly where I get my leaf, what quantities I use, you aren't going to roll it like I do so the end result isn't necessarily going to be the same. Shrug