What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
looks like you have some sanding to get done. :)
20180422_105353.jpg

That's what the second cigar is for - finish sanding and staining. This was the barberpole wrap with candela and rosado. The rosado reminds me of the HB2K in flavor and feel. However, the rosado leaves are bigger in size and the color is really nice. Burn was good. I had a about 1/4" of unevenness in the burn but that was probably due to not giving it any time to dry after getting the wrapper pretty wet for this roll.
I have a feeling the rosado will become my go to wrapper.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
View attachment 112507

That's what the second cigar is for - finish sanding and staining. This was the barberpole wrap with candela and rosado. The rosado reminds me of the HB2K in flavor and feel. However, the rosado leaves are bigger in size and the color is really nice. Burn was good. I had a about 1/4" of unevenness in the burn but that was probably due to not giving it any time to dry after getting the wrapper pretty wet for this roll.
I have a feeling the rosado will become my go to wrapper.
we better get a lot of it while it's available.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Full disclosure, I wasn't the one that paid for all this leaf, this is a "club cigar" I'm going to be rolling. Excited to dig in!
Those ingredients are very much like the BHMM blend....Dominican ligero , corojo viso, corojo seco, nicaraguan habano seco. ...seems the club has good taste!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my leaf in and am super excited and super nervous...:( if you guys have any suggestions on where to star, then by all means. I was going to just star by taking one each leaf and burning diff. Sections to see how the burn and smell, then figure out how to properly roll some small puritos to see how each leaf tastes. Shit IDK...(but I’m about to run through these threads and find out!!) wish me luck:happy:

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just got my leaf in and am super excited and super nervous...:( if you guys have any suggestions on where to star, then by all means. I was going to just star by taking one each leaf and burning diff. Sections to see how the burn and smell, then figure out how to properly roll some small puritos to see how each leaf tastes. Shit IDK...(but I’m about to run through these threads and find out!!) wish me luck:happy:
Sounds like a good idea to me, watch some vids, @webmost has some very good beginner vids on youtube

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo.... @webmost video was very helpful indeed with the rolling and @blisscigarco video was very helpful with the entubado bunching. Very grateful for the instruction. I started with the Nicaraguan seco from Esteli. Used all seco binder to roll a purito. I used the darkest and most least desirable looking leaf as my filler, then used a lighter More desirable looking leaf as my binder and wrapper. I took half the lighter leaf and used the side with the most holes as a double binder by cutting the pretty long leaf in half and now I have the bunch in a small 42 ring gauge plastic mold. I’m about 30 more minutes I’ll take it out and attempt to use the other half of the lighter leaf as a rough wrapper. I’m looking forward to seeing how this lead tastes by itself.

Attachments