What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Is that greenish discoloration on the wrapper?
Just a reflection, it's pretty nice looking. I've been impressed with LOs CT.
I'm sad your leaving us behind in NC Doc, but I'm excited for the adventures you have ahead of you.
If I didn't live in the triangle I might miss this place but alas... I don't!

In just 5 years, this place has gotten packed. 12 minute commute became 35. And some nights, that's an hour. Everyone is leaving the Northeast and moving here. Phew.

Hello sweet Midwest. I missed you!!

Oh, but I'll miss ya too Jim!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just received those leaves from WL today, they sure look and smell wonderful, even the pooch seem to think so too.

Cibao valley corojo ligero
Cibao valley Rene seco
Cibao valley Criollo 98 ligero

Not sure how strong those 2 kinds of ligero are, and if they are very different.

Remember reading in a different thread people talking about shipping costs, well you guys won’t feel bad now, shipping to Canada is $58 with $24 duties. Nevertheless worth it IMO, great hobby and so far been able to roll better smokes than most commercial brands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got any pics of the Jalapa?!
You know I didn't take any. I have some coming this week, along with Cubra Viso and Nica binder. I will take come pics.

On another note. Does everyone, or is it best practice, to go through your pound of Viso/Seco/ligero and separate it?

I was rolling and grabbing some Seco jalapa and some just seemed very dark. Other pieces were damn near a cross of cardboard and leather.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
On another note. Does everyone, or is it best practice, to go through your pound of Viso/Seco/ligero and separate it?

I was rolling and grabbing some Seco jalapa and some just seemed very dark. Other pieces were damn near a cross of cardboard and leather.

I don't go through any of them to separate them but I am not production oriented on my sticks. I don't need consistency in my rolls, I actually appreciate the variation.
While I used to log each blend so I could reproduce good ones, I've found that by the time I'm ready to reproduce something, the vendors either no longer carry the selection or the batch is significantly different. In the end, I've got more variation than consistency.
Some of the guys do go through and sort each pound and they do make more cigars than I so it may be smart to weigh their opinions more heavily than mine.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't go through any of them to separate them but I am not production oriented on my sticks. I don't need consistency in my rolls, I actually appreciate the variation.
While I used to log each blend so I could reproduce good ones, I've found that by the time I'm ready to reproduce something, the vendors either no longer carry the selection or the batch is significantly different. In the end, I've got more variation than consistency.
Some of the guys do go through and sort each pound and they do make more cigars than I so it may be smart to weigh their opinions more heavily than mine.
That's cool. I'm not doing it for production or anything. I've just noticed that when pull Seco for my next leaf, I'll look at it and think this is more viso or even ligero.

I think I'll start doing that to see how it ends up. Can't hurt.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You know I didn't take any. I have some coming this week, along with Cubra Viso and Nica binder. I will take come pics.

Ligero is a different priming rather then solely its color.

I don’t sort my leaf but I believe some folks here sort by size and color.

I too like the variation in sticks as I pick out whatever leaf presents itself.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good looking stuff. The Brazilian Cubra seems to have some holes but I haven't gone through all of it. It's also smaller leaf but maybe that's typical?

The Nicaraguan binder will certainly have some wrapper in there.