What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Commented that Papin would be proud he had two binders.
I don't know what that means. Two diff plants in one stick? Two binders he uses in different blends? Binders have to be strong (or doubled-up, burn well, and work in your blend. Like wrappers they contribute much more to the flavor than the math says they should.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are your thoughts about binders. I saw a video where someone. Commented that Papin would be proud he had two binders. If two then different leaves? Thoughts? Going to roll some sticks tonight.
I'm not sure if there's a thread on construction and techniques but, it is a good subject.
You'll find my posts in the Pics of my Sticks thread a "from the center" indigence list and, yes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what that means. Two diff plants in one stick? Two binders he uses in different blends? Binders have to be strong (or doubled-up, burn well, and work in your blend. Like wrappers they contribute much more to the flavor than the math says they should.
It was probably a YouTube video. The person was talking about construction. I haven’t tried two binders before and was thinking maybe I should. I was thinking maybe it’s because the binder leaf they were using is to weak with just one. Thanks for the response. Your YouTube videos are really good. You have taught me a lot. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It was probably a YouTube video. The person was talking about construction. I haven’t tried two binders before and was thinking maybe I should. I was thinking maybe it’s because the binder leaf they were using is to weak with just one. Thanks for the response. Your YouTube videos are really good. You have taught me a lot. Thank you.

I double-mind my sticks pretty often but I've never used two different kinds of leaves for it. Interesting idea, though! I'm glad you've enjoyed the vids.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
What are your thoughts about binders. I saw a video where someone. Commented that Papin would be proud he had two binders. If two then different leaves? Thoughts? Going to roll some sticks tonight.

Sometimes I roll the seco filler as a pre-binder, not pulled as tightly as the binder will be, just to get the prickly veins covered from the viso/ligero fillers before I put the actual binder on. It acts as a buffer of sorts to protect the binder leaf that I'm putting tension on.
Don't know if that's a thing or not, but it works for me.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Spoke to Don this morning. Their gov promised to issue that order yesterday, but did not. Presently, Don is prone upon the guillotine, waiting for the blade to snickle on down. Still shipping; does not know for how long.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Governor DeWine released his new work restrictions today and I can not find where he singles out "Tobacco shops" as he stated he would on Monday.
The directive notes essential infrastructure exemptions for "distribution, fulfillment centers... and sale...distribution centers" (paragraph 9, p.4) and specifically calls out "other production agriculture, including cultivation, marketing, production and distribution" as essential businesses and operations (paragraph 12.c, p.6).

Looks like you're on solid ground to me. Hopefully the county has same good sense as well.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Don sent me a 3-leaf sample of his new Habano wrapper with this last shipment. I say new, cause he assures me he just got this shipment in. When first I started rolling, I got hooked on his H2K wrapper. Dark brown with an olive green tinge, very large, super tasty. I blew a lot of money on subsequent batches; but all of them had serious flame proof probs.

Now look at this one from the new sample:

23" long. Of course, that includes the stem part; but, still, a huge leaf for any purpose. Soft and velvetty, beautiful dark brown color, very consistent throughout, odor unremarkable, just a mite thick (tho that might be cause I am so used to using CT shade), super easy to work with. Mighty fine appearance. Both pliable and stretchy. Way better than previous batches.

I rolled a test gar. I burnt it before dinner yesterday. Just some T-13 filler, then the same half leaf of this new H2K was big enough for me to cut both a binder and a wrapper. I would have to say it burns 100% better than the previous batches. On the flip side, the previous batches were such bad burners that even 100% better leaves you 50% short. The thing burnt fine until for 2 1/2", then tunneled and went out. Now, I must admit that I do tend to leave a gar rest, as I am a slow smoker. But that's what I'm looking for, is a leaf that will smolder happily while I watch a round of MMA or while I wrench on a murdersickle, or throw the ball for the pup, or such not. That's the requirement.

The flavor is char; not the moody Habano I had hoped. Not unpleasant, if you like that sort of thing. Just not a Habano flavor.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have some lovely blends that are just a tad too strong for me, so I've put in this order of 1/4 lbs at LO. All of these are mild and good leaves (I've used them all in the past but don't have anything from the most recent crops) that can be used to ease off the intensity. Just a matter of trying each with the blends to see which one brings the most magic:

Aged Dominican Volado Piloto Cubano Filler
Aged Nicaraguan Seco Esteli Filler
Aged Dominican Seco Olor Filler
Aged Honduran Seco Filler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some lovely blends that are just a tad too strong for me, so I've put in this order of 1/4 lbs at LO. All of these are mild and good leaves (I've used them all in the past but don't have anything from the most recent crops) that can be used to ease off the intensity. Just a matter of trying each with the blends to see which one brings the most magic:

Aged Dominican Volado Piloto Cubano Filler
Aged Nicaraguan Seco Esteli Filler
Aged Dominican Seco Olor Filler
Aged Honduran Seco Filler
Hey Bliss,
Did you order post apacolypse and how long did it take? I wanted to order some wrapper from them.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey Bliss,
Did you order post apacolypse and how long did it take? I wanted to order some wrapper from them.
I ordered on the 6th. They have a typical turn-around (meaning when they ship) of 5 working days. And then it takes 4 or 5 days to get out here by Ground. I'd expect it to be worse now, but who knows. If it's the 5-day, then they'll ship it around the 14th.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered on the 6th. They have a typical turn-around (meaning when they ship) of 5 working days. And then it takes 4 or 5 days to get out here by Ground. I'd expect it to be worse now, but who knows. If it's the 5-day, then they'll ship it around the 14th.
Sometimes it's a one day turn around sometimes3-5. I didn't want to wait 2 months. Haha.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sometimes it's a one day turn around sometimes3-5. I didn't want to wait 2 months. Haha.
They claim it shipped today.

I'm not one of those people who is ever in a hurry on my tobacco delivery. I have tons of leaf and for me it is a continual process during which I occasionally buy more.