What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who is Jorge when your talking about buying leaf? I’m need to order more leaf soon. Keep looking at leafonly and WLT every couple days...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have not contacted him in a while but, I would just call him.
https://rollerschoice.com/

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not contacted him in a while but, I would just call him.
https://rollerschoice.com/
Cool story about him. Thank you.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I placed my latest order to LO on April 27. It arrived today. Two weeks to California seems to be the standard expectation nowadays.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

My new LO strategy is twofold: First, far as the wrappers, I stuck LO's crappy bags inside of WLT xlnt bags. I may even triple bag 'em. I had to test the contents first, of course, to make sure the leaves weren't sent too wet. Have had that happen before. (That Ecuadorian Corojo exudes a dandy smellage, BTW.) Second, far as the fillers, I double bagged them. But the Honduran viso seemed pretty dry. So I sprayed inside the bag into which I stuck the LO bag. Perhaps you can see droplets between the bag layers. I trust some of that will steep in.

Both wrapper samples look like first quality super delicate stuff. Eager to try it.

Tell you, at this point I need to live two lifetimes, cause I have just about precisely enough leaf for two lifetimes.

Much of the Ec viso looks binderish.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

My new LO strategy is twofold: First, far as the wrappers, I stuck LO's crappy bags inside of WLT xlnt bags. I may even triple bag 'em. I had to test the contents first, of course, to make sure the leaves weren't sent too wet. Have had that happen before. (That Ecuadorian Corojo exudes a dandy smellage, BTW.) Second, far as the fillers, I double bagged them. But the Honduran viso seemed pretty dry. So I sprayed inside the bag into which I stuck the LO bag. Perhaps you can see droplets between the bag layers. I trust some of that will steep in.

Both wrapper samples look like first quality super delicate stuff. Eager to try it.

Tell you, at this point I need to live two lifetimes, cause I have just about precisely enough leaf for two lifetimes.

Much of the Ec viso looks binderish.
What is the RH situation at your place? Here I've never had to so much as reseal a bag, or care about a bag. Runs about 60-80RH on average. I just gauged various sticks lying around the house in the open air and they run ~65RH.

I always think I have too much leaf, too.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the Ecuadorian Corojo wrapper from LO! I need to get more ordered before I run out. I think I could roll a stick with only it and be mostly satisfied.

I keep my leaf in the bags they came in then put it all in a sealed tote. The same type I use as a humidor. I only have a couple pounds of leaf right now. Then throw in a recharged Boveda pack for good measure. My house almost always has the heat or AC on. When spring or fall come if I open it up to much allergies hit the family. I’m in Northern Indiana about a 1/2 hour East of Notre Dame.

Nice to hear what other people are doing. I’m just making it up as I go.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What is the RH situation at your place? Here I've never had to so much as reseal a bag, or care about a bag. Runs about 60-80RH on average. I just gauged various sticks lying around the house in the open air and they run ~65RH.

I always think I have too much leaf, too.

Let me case the joint. This very moment, 7:15am, we are looking at 58% case outside and 46% case in this room. Later today, predictions say 33% case outside... case will prolly drop in this room at that time. It varies. We generally get rain three days a week. In the heat of Summer, you will have fog outside in the morning. That's how you know that sticky case misery is on its way. I used to ride my murdersickle to work when it was so high case that rain would coalesce from the turbulence on my chest. But this room is always either air conditioned or heated. I have wireless gauges in my filler cooler and my wrapper cooler. They hold stable at 60% and 75% respectively. But the deal is, according to my spreadsheet, those two coolers have only 11 lbs between them. The unsealed overflow tub has twenty some. That's where these must likely go, at least the fillers, as the coolers are out of room. and the two stackers holding ready stores are packed with prolly 3 lbs apiece. I should prolly score another big fish boat size cooler for the overflow, like the one I have for stash. Might have to move out if I don't get it under... who'm I kidding? I'll never get it under control.

Just in case the ineluctable tobaccolypse finally occurs, I'll be the guy.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Let me case the joint. This very moment, 7:15am, we are looking at 58% case outside and 46% case in this room. Later today, predictions say 33% case outside... case will prolly drop in this room at that time. It varies. We generally get rain three days a week. In the heat of Summer, you will have fog outside in the morning. That's how you know that sticky case misery is on its way. I used to ride my murdersickle to work when it was so high case that rain would coalesce from the turbulence on my chest. But this room is always either air conditioned or heated. I have wireless gauges in my filler cooler and my wrapper cooler. They hold stable at 60% and 75% respectively. But the deal is, according to my spreadsheet, those two coolers have only 11 lbs between them. The unsealed overflow tub has twenty some. That's where these must likely go, at least the fillers, as the coolers are out of room. and the two stackers holding ready stores are packed with prolly 3 lbs apiece. I should prolly score another big fish boat size cooler for the overflow, like the one I have for stash. Might have to move out if I don't get it under... who'm I kidding? I'll never get it under control.

Just in case the ineluctable tobaccolypse finally occurs, I'll be the guy.

View attachment 150085
That's a lot of case variability.

I still wonder if it actually matters, other then Is it flexible enough to roll at the time of rolling, and is it in the range of 60-70RH at the time of smoking.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What seems like a good RH for filler leaf? I seem to have my to dry or to wet.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What seems like a good RH for filler leaf? I seem to have my to dry or to wet.

Saw an interview with a dude in the industry, works for Altadis, where he states this info re: moisture content:

Optimal smoking condition: 13.2% moisture content

Bunch when you put the wrapper on: ~10% moisture

Wrapper: 19% moisture content at wrap time

It takes 2 months in "the room" for the bunch to expand and the wrapper to contract as the whole thing equalizes to 13.2%. The wrapper tightens and the seam lines "disappear."

10% moisture content probably equates to around 55-60RH.

So filler should be around 55-60RH at the time of rolling.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How do they measure moisture content?
What humidibidditty = 19% moisture content at wrap time?
Supposedly this gadget (Cigarmedics Humidimeter) measures moisture content and then translates that to an RH, assuming smokers are more familiar with things in terms of RH. I don't know or have a translation chart, but I believe, from some source I read somewhere or saw in a video, that 65RH is around 13%. I don't know what 19% would be in RH. I'm trying to find the answer to that. It doesn't affect how I'd roll: I know how I want my leaf to feel before I roll with it. But it's fun info.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one a couple weeks ago. Haven’t tried it on raw leaf yet.
Steve Saka said the one he uses is around $3,000.00. The professional and precise ones.
When I roll again I’ll do some tests and make notes to see how it goes. I’m getting closer to having the leaf cased right but a little science would be nice and helpful for newbies.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Only twenty seven bucks!
Tempting.
Seems that maybe 13% is closer to 70rh, bases on a chart I saw pertaining to wood, not leaf. That might explain why another industry dude said 12% was ideal. This would be around 65rh on the wood graph.

This thing definitely provides $27 worth of amusement. That is coincidentally what I pay for a pound of filler, on average, with tax and shipping.

Last edited: