What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 lb of that Colombian Seco myself. Looking over my blends/notes, it appears that I haven’t integrated it into any blends as of yet. Any good complementary leaf you gents have found that goes well with it? On the flip side, any leaf that’s just blah with it?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 lb of that Colombian Seco myself. Looking over my blends/notes, it appears that I haven’t integrated it into any blends as of yet. Any good complementary leaf you gents have found that goes well with it? On the flip side, any leaf that’s just blah with it?
I find it adds a unique sweetness to a blend. My favorite blend with Colombian seco is Arapiraca, Omatepe ligero also bound in Colombian seco and wrapped in Matafina. I call it the Matacaprica.

I tried it with some traditional nicaraguan blends and found the sweetness to be odd. I see the Macanudo Inspirado Green uses it so I may use that as a template. (Aracirapa wrapper,indonesian binder, colombian and piloto fillers)

Last edited:

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I find it adds a unique sweetness to a blend. My favorite blend with Colombian seco is Arapiraca, Omatepe ligero also bound in Colombian seco and wrapped in Matafina. I call it the Matacaprica.

I tried it with some traditional nicaraguan blends and found the sweetness to be odd. I see the Macanudo Inspirado Green uses it so I may use that as a template. (Aracirapa wrapper,indonesian binder, colombian and piloto fillers)
I agree with this assessment.

Mata fina works great with it, RIP filler mata fina...
Piloto is also excellent.
Cameroon actually worked well too.

Nicaraguan was weird.

Sent using Crapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks gents for the feedback! Was able to tack on a little more Colombian Seco to my order to try out! Sounds like an interesting mix that hits with it. A little surprised that it doesn’t play well with Nicaraguan leaf.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello BOTL, I am new to the site and of course have a noob question just in general. I don't know if this is the right place to ask. On average how many coronas could one get from 1lb of filler, 1lb of binder, and 1lb of wrappers? I am just looking for a general answer.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello BOTL, I am new to the site and of course have a noob question just in general. I don't know if this is the right place to ask. On average how many coronas could one get from 1lb of filler, 1lb of binder, and 1lb of wrappers? I am just looking for a general answer.
You're limited by the 1lb of filler, because 1lb of the other stuff lasts a lot longer. Like 4-5 leaves of filler to a cigar, but half a leaf each of binder and wrapper. So you might as well ask what's possible with 1lb filler. Answer is 16-20 cigars. You'll have most of your binder and wrapper left over.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're limited by the 1lb of filler, because 1lb of the other stuff lasts a lot longer. Like 4-5 leaves of filler to a cigar, but half a leaf each of binder and wrapper. So you might as well ask what's possible with 1lb filler. Answer is 16-20 cigars. You'll have most of your binder and wrapper left over.
Blisscigarco thanks for the response. I was watching some of your videos, and read some of your posts and I wanted to know if I could achieve a good flavorful medium blend with just seco, binder, and wrapper, by using the darker seco for the ligero, any insight on this matter would be very appreciated.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Blisscigarco thanks for the response. I was watching some of your videos, and read some of your posts and I wanted to know if I could achieve a good flavorful medium blend with just seco, binder, and wrapper, by using the darker seco for the ligero, any insight on this matter would be very appreciated.
Yeah, you can do that. Never know what you'll get with each bag, but I think most of the retail secos have some pretty dark leaf in there. As for "good flavorful," all a luck of the draw. I typically recommend what you're talking about, though. Seco, binder, wrapper.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you can do that. Never know what you'll get with each bag, but I think most of the retail secos have some pretty dark leaf in there. As for "good flavorful," all a luck of the draw. I typically recommend what you're talking about, though. Seco, binder, wrapper.
I have another question are fronto leaves worth using or should I just use the leaves marked as wrappers? And thanks again.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Thanks gents for the feedback! Was able to tack on a little more Colombian Seco to my order to try out! Sounds like an interesting mix that hits with it. A little surprised that it doesn’t play well with Nicaraguan leaf.
Your mileage may vary

Sent using Crapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
LO dark/light firecured

I forget, but haven't some people here tried these?

They're on my radar again because I want to try to get into that Toscano ballpark, and those use Italian Kentucky firecured leaf.

Thanks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LO dark/light firecured

I forget, but haven't some people here tried these?

They're on my radar again because I want to try to get into that Toscano ballpark, and those use Italian Kentucky firecured leaf.

Thanks
I do have the fire cured leaf, and I have tried rolling it with pipe tobacco and scraps but I find the leaf to be a tiny bit bitter , It doesn’t quite taste the same as a Tuscano, although yesterday I smoked a Puro of Pennsylvania Viso and I have a feeling that maybe mixing some of that as filler and wrapping it with the fire cured might be tasty, maybe I’ll try that later. And bliss , If you get any ideas , Let me know as well.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I do have the fire cured leaf, and I have tried rolling it with pipe tobacco and scraps but I find the leaf to be a tiny bit bitter , It doesn’t quite taste the same as a Tuscano, although yesterday I smoked a Puro of Pennsylvania Viso and I have a feeling that maybe mixing some of that as filler and wrapping it with the fire cured might be tasty, maybe I’ll try that later. And bliss , If you get any ideas , Let me know as well.
Thanks a lot. I'd like to hear how that experiment goes when you try it.

Besides the bitterness did you get any of that KFC smoky BBQ vibe at all, that one gets from a Toscano? Or just cheap bitter flavor?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry my bad grammar, I meant the restocked Esteli (seco and Ligero) and Jalapa viso and Ligero no Esteli viso.
As for the fire cured iit smells great like a smoked ham but when I smoked with it I remember it tasting a little hot “raw “ I think I have a test cigarillo wrapped with it and if I do I’ll smoke it and report back.