What's new

Smoking a cigar right after they arrive

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That’s really good of you. I could sit for hours and listen to the old timers tell stories of how things used to be. Although I am rapidly becoming one of them. Lol

Jody
Man, tell me about it. One of the reasons i love my job. I get ro hear some awesome stories

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Haha. If you don't have any perfecrepair glue, get some...
I even let NC's acclimate. Got plenty enough to smoke, no reason to rush. (if chucks point is to find out if they're amazing so you can go ahead and order another box from the same code, then I can totally get behind that.)
But I'd definitely smoke some somewhere between 21 - 60 days to see how they are, rather than just tossing them into deep sleep.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haha. If you don't have any perfecrepair glue, get some...
I even let NC's acclimate. Got plenty enough to smoke, no reason to rush. (if chucks point is to find out if they're amazing so you can go ahead and order another box from the same code, then I can totally get behind that.)
But I'd definitely smoke some somewhere between 21 - 60 days to see how they are, rather than just tossing them into deep sleep.
I will have to get some of that glue. I just finished that cigar and have to say, i wasnt a fan at all. Ill try another one in few months but the flavor profile wasnt my cup of tea

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I will have to get some of that glue. I just finished that cigar and have to say, i wasnt a fan at all. Ill try another one in few months but the flavor profile wasnt my cup of tea
Well that sucks! I hope with a little time they get better for you. I bet they will.

Jody

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
[QUOTE="Qman,I just finished that cigar and have to say, i wasnt a fan at all. Ill try another one in few months but the flavor profile wasnt my cup of tea[/QUOTE]
@Qman I like to give RASS a minimum of 2 years. That being said RASS are not for everyone. The last few I have smoked have been 'meh' and I'm beginning to think my taste for them has gone by the wayside. As far as smoking rott I found if I kept buying more than I smoked eventually I reached the point where I had zero desire to crack the box.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Don't give up on them. Another caveat of trying early. I LOVE RASS, (others don't) they often have a distinct unique stone fruit note. I have noticed they can vary a lot by batch. I've had two that tasted quite different from the same code! Shouldn't be harsh once acclimated or ready though.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
[QUOTE="Qman,I just finished that cigar and have to say, i wasnt a fan at all. Ill try another one in few months but the flavor profile wasnt my cup of tea
@Qman I like to give RASS a minimum of 2 years. That being said RASS are not for everyone. The last few I have smoked have been 'meh' and I'm beginning to think my taste for them has gone by the wayside. As far as smoking rott I found if I kept buying more than I smoked eventually I reached the point where I had zero desire to crack the box.[/QUOTE]
Reason i smoked it was because ive never had one before and was dying to see what it was like.
I do have older cigars to smoke but since ive never had trinidad or RASS, i decided to smoke one of them.
I am planning to put all my recent purchases away for long term aging but i did pull out few cigars from each box for my desktop humi

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Don't give up on them. Another caveat of trying early. I LOVE RASS, (others don't) they often have a distinct unique stone fruit note. I have noticed they can vary a lot by batch. I've had two that tasted quite different from the same code! Shouldn't be harsh once acclimated or ready though.
Oh i wont. I bought it with a plan for putting it away for 3/5 years and see what happens

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I've been trying for 10 years now to find a good RASS.
Ain't done it ,either.
Of all the cigars to start with,this one is waaay down the list.
Either I have the worst luck on earth,or some folks have the palate of a goat.
Done now ever buying RASS, life is too short to smoke bad cigars............
And I NEVER take advice from Chuck. He is the Devil................:troll:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Oh i wont. I bought it with a plan for putting it away for 3/5 years and see what happens
Solid plan, but "potentially" excessive /unnecessary (some would argue vociferously) but I think there is a factor of diminishing returns with aging. It seems the degree of benefit to amount of time is exponential or inversely proportional. Drastic early on and in the first 6 to 12 months, then less so going forward. Of course that can vary by Marca and batch. Some just need to get past their youth. Some apparently improve significantly long term. I haven't really experienced that yet.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I've been trying for 10 years now to find a good RASS.
Ain't done it ,either.
Of all the cigars to start with,this one is waaay down the list.
Either I have the worst luck on earth,or some folks have the palate of a goat.
Done now ever buying RASS, life is too short to smoke bad cigars............
And I NEVER take advice from Chuck. He is the Devil................:troll:
I'll take all your RASS Tom!

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Solid plan, but "potentially" excessive /unnecessary (some would argue vociferously) but I think there is a factor of diminishing returns with aging. It seems the degree of benefit to amount of time is exponential or inversely proportional. Drastic early on and in the first 6 to 12 months, then less so going forward. Of course that can vary by Marca and batch. Some just need to get past their youth. Some apparently improve significantly long term. I haven't really experienced that yet.
WTF! I had to open a page for a dictionary just to read this post!:wacky: When did you become such a wordsmith?:D

Jody