What's new

Smoking a cigar right after they arrive

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
8gGUgTfJ.jpg

AH.........Bela Fleck and the Flecktones..............I KNEW that was banjo music...............

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
AH.........Bela Fleck and the Flecktones..............I KNEW that was banjo music...............
Ahhhhh... Bela Fleck and Wooten at the first Bonnaroo... Girls getting topless in the rain.. What a great time...

This epic thread derail is your fault Tom.. I think it all went to hell with the autoerotic asphyxiation of the turkey..

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ahhhhh... Bela Fleck and Wooten at the first Bonnaroo... Girls getting topless in the rain.. What a great time...

This epic thread derail is your fault Tom.. I think it all went to hell with the autoerotic asphyxiation of the turkey..
Nope! I checked.....below is the thread that caused the train to run amok! So, @Glassman its all your fault!!:ROFLMAO:

I'll take all your RASS Tom!
Jody

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Solid plan, but "potentially" excessive /unnecessary (some would argue vociferously) but I think there is a factor of diminishing returns with aging. It seems the degree of benefit to amount of time is exponential or inversely proportional. Drastic early on and in the first 6 to 12 months, then less so going forward. Of course that can vary by Marca and batch. Some just need to get past their youth. Some apparently improve significantly long term. I haven't really experienced that yet.
I read an article online where they broke down the aging process. But im guessing its their own opinion but in that article it states there are 4 stages of aging. 1 is when the cigar is sick and and other 3 stages are maturation stage. Ever heard of anything like that? Dont know if its bs or there is any truth to it. It went into very deep detail about the process of aging

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Qman Sorry, I can’t help with info regarding the aging process but I’m sure one of the other guys will chime in. I do want to apologize for derailing your thread though. Sorry about that.

Jody

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I read an article online where they broke down the aging process. But im guessing its their own opinion but in that article it states there are 4 stages of aging. 1 is when the cigar is sick and and other 3 stages are maturation stage. Ever heard of anything like that? Dont know if its bs or there is any truth to it. It went into very deep detail about the process of aging
Interesting. Haven't read that yet. Personally I think sick stage is usually only when the tobacco has gone into another fermentation stage due to moisture/heat. Don't know about the other stages, it just seems that the difference is less dramatic over time. More significant early on.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Hey, its all good. I got a good laugh out of it
Good. Then you're in good company here. ;)
@Qman Sorry, I can’t help with info regarding the aging process but I’m sure one of the other guys will chime in. I do want to apologize for derailing your thread though. Sorry about that.

Jody
It's inevitable and unavoidable, but that's admirably conscientious of you Jody. (y) ;)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Interesting. Haven't read that yet. Personally I think sick stage is usually only when the tobacco has gone into another fermentation stage due to moisture/heat. Don't know about the other stages, it just seems that the difference is less dramatic over time. More significant early on.
So it went something like this.
After 30/90 days after box date code, cigar will go into sick period and stay that way upto a year (due from heavy ammonia release) then after that time, 1st stage of maturation starts and can last about 3to 5 years depending on size and strength of a cigar. During that stage, cigar gets much better and great to be smoked. Stage 2 is where everything gets mellowed out but during 2nd stage, you lose some flavors and it states that some guys that smoke a cigar thats say 7 years old and taste kind of bland but smooth is due to cigar being in 2nd stage.
3rd stage is where all the magic happens, cigar gains new and amazing flavors

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So it went something like this.
After 30/90 days after box date code, cigar will go into sick period and stay that way upto a year (due from heavy ammonia release) then after that time, 1st stage of maturation starts and can last about 3to 5 years depending on size and strength of a cigar. During that stage, cigar gets much better and great to be smoked. Stage 2 is where everything gets mellowed out but during 2nd stage, you lose some flavors and it states that some guys that smoke a cigar thats say 7 years old and taste kind of bland but smooth is due to cigar being in 2nd stage.
3rd stage is where all the magic happens, cigar gains new and amazing flavors
Hmm.. I wouldn't know. I doubt that's a hard and fast rule. I would be surprised for them to gain new complex flavors after a period of significant mellowing and some loss. And I think it will vary. Knowledgeable experienced people like Tom and others here will reference some cigars having great "legs" :sneaky: For long term aging. And some you can definitely taste that potential in.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Qman
Do you remember the name or where I can find that article. I would like to read it.

Jody
Let me think. Ive been reading and watching so much stuff on cigars lately..lol ill look at the browser at work tomorrow and see if i can find where i read that.
Yes, i read about cigars at work.haha

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Let me think. Ive been reading and watching so much stuff on cigars lately..lol ill look at the browser at work tomorrow and see if i can find where i read that.
Yes, i read about cigars at work.haha
Shit, whatever it takes to get through the day. If you can’t find it no big deal.
Jody

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
chuck's fault.
your cigars are too moist,THAT'S WHY YOU REST THEM......................so they don't burst open.

I'll bet you never listen to him again............
Lol you’re such a fan.

It’s 1 cigar out of 25. You old guys get worked up so easily I love it.

You should explain to him your tubo theory. Or spam him with CCW website you promote weekly. Show him the ropes. Lol.