What's new

Smoking jackets: In or out?

Would you wear one?

• Total voters

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I said no, :frownno: When I see someone wearing one, makes me think of "Playboy After Dark"......Mr Playboy used to wear one ALL the time....:smokingbo

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I understand their function, but just can't quite see myself clear to wear one. I do have several raw silk shirts I wear when on vacation and they sure as hell DO absorb cigar smoke!

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Function.. I understand that you want to act like an old man, but you dont have to dress like one....

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I need a smoking jacket in Florida about as much as snow shoes. How about a smoking swimsuit for the hot tub? Actualy, my back yard is very private...

Sorry guys. Erase, Erase, Erase!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
i'll most definitely be getting the 2nd one...when i get a little older...say, into my late 40s.

I'd say at 33 i'm a bit to young to be able to pull it off. I dont' smoke a pipe in public for that same reason. I've never seen anybody under 50 yrs old smoking a pipe in public. A 33 yar old n public smoking a pipe might look like i'm trying to be "kewl". Just the same, a guy my age wearing a smoking jacket just doesnt' seem right.

Sorry, there are times when i actually do care what other people think.

However, i never actually knew a smoking jacket was meant to keep th esmoke smell off your clothes, so i wil certainly be incorporating some sort of clothing for that purpose.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
We're the same age Gayle and I think the same way on this. I feel odd smoking a pipe in my cave, much less in public. I have a flanel shirt that hangs in garage, in case it gets cold. I guess I could go ahead and wash it now, as it won't be cold at night for at lese six months.

SGT13

No one gets out alive
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a Pendleton and a heavy denim shirt that I wear. The Denim stays in the garage. The only other item I wear when smokin' is my leathers and it don't matter what they smell like. A long ride in the sun at 80 blows most anything off :smokingbo

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not my style, I wouldn't wear one if ya paid me. However I'm sure others might look nice. This might depend on one's personal lifestyle.

If ya smoke butt-naked your clothes won't stink! Watch for the ashes to fall! Ouch!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not my style, I wouldn't wear one if ya paid me. However I'm sure others might look nice. This might depend on one's personal lifestyle.

If ya smoke butt-naked your clothes won't stink! Watch for the ashes to fall! Ouch!
Is that like saying "Wow that is butt ugly, but it looks right on you!". :thumbsup:
:hysterica

bballbaby: I'm the same age, and I smoke my pipe out in public, your going to give me a complex. :D

Of course, I'm cool enough to pull off the pipe...I'm not sure about the smoking jacket though...

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Soon as I finish my walnut paneled, leather furnished library, I`m gonna get me one of those:grin: