What's new

Smoking jackets: In or out?

Would you wear one?

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For those using the excuse of "it's too cold to wear one outside..." Of course you are going to wear a warm jacket/coat in cold weather. Smoking jackets are meant to be worn inside a cigar lounge or den. If you could smoke inside and the temperature was agreeable, would you wear one?

I have a silk smoking jacket I wear from time to time in my cigar lounge at home. It adds a touch of class and yes, I'm saying it... mannliness. Don't knock it until you try it. If you've tried it and still don't like it, then more power to you. It's not everybodies thing nowadays.

And chicks do dig it. :thumbsup:

The 'I can't belive it has come to this' Statement:As I have unfortunately experienced people quick to be offended for the wrong reasons on this forum, I will say that not wearing a smoking jacket does not in any way affect your mannliness or lack there of. Everyone has their right to their opinion, and I in no way wish to insult or degrade any individual for being the way they are.:peace:

Have a great smoke brothers!:cbig:

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'd rock one, inside or out. Is there a link for the specific jacket that this thread started with?

jebloom22

Master Blend
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wear a corduroy jacket when it's cold out and I'm having a cigar. Guess I do it so that only one jacket smells of smoke rather than all of them. I suppose I consider it my "smoking jacket" now. It does have lots of big pockets, which certainly come in handy.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wear a lambskin leather jacket when smoking in the cold. It doesn't absorb oder, but its also real old now and starting to fall apart. That kind of leather is a bit too soft. I always wanted to replace it with a polo one, but the last years model was ugly and I yearly cringe at the price tag anyway.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I have a full-length, flannel-lined, double breasted trench coat (ala Bogart in Casablanca) that I'll throw on in the garage or on the patio from time to time. Works great as a smoking jacket.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I don't care what the poll says, "OUT". 6 pages and over 200 responses and not one single picture of someone in their smoking jacket.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I don't care what the poll says, "OUT". 6 pages and over 200 responses and not one single picture of someone in their smoking jacket.
Look now... There are plenty of things that I'm "into" that I'd never let someone take a picture of me doing.

Your observation proves nothing, good sir. ; )