What's new

So Cal is on fire!!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
11 major fires, 6 counties in a state of emergency, and 2 of them are in my backyard - east county san diego! 1 dead, 17 injured in the protrero fire, including 4 firefighters. just put one in a coma. total devastation, including lots and lots of animals that didn't get out! as i write this, the wind is still gusting at 60mph+...

looks like i'll be fighting fires tomorrow!! prayers for all the victims and the safety personnel!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071022/ap_on_re_us/california_wildfires

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Being from So Cal, I have monitored this closely and continue to pray for those who are touched by this tragedy.

My family lives in LA, Corona and Riverside.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
callout ata 2300 hours.... will be here for quite a while! going to ramona in a few,,, the town has been completely evacuated! just shut down the I15 because of fear the fire will go under the freeway (west). gusts are up to 70. this is the witch creek fire.

the harris (or protrero) fire is a lot closer to my house. w/b through dulzura, campo,,, hwy 94 completely shut down, as is the tecate border (evacutated). my school, Santana High, is an evacutation center! these fires have devastating potential!!!

i'll post again when i get the chance!

jeff

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Stay safe Jeff!!!. This is crazy. The air outside smells like a campfire this morning. I would hate to have Athsma in this sh!t. The wind is probably blowing 30-45 MPH right now and is carrying ZERO humidity. My lips dried out as soon as I walked outside.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Its ugly up here in Ventura County. The Malibu fire is heading up the coast towards us pushed by the Santa Ana winds and spewing smoke and the Piru fire is moving up the Santa Paula valley from the otherside doing the same. Sky is black and the sun is a deep orange. Be safer Jeff.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Hang in there Jeff, A call has just gone out (Nation Wide) to all Fed. Fire Agency will send what ever is needed, and we are getting lots of request to go help.......
Good Luck, Stay Safe, and God Speed My Friend..........

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Just got a call from Jeff. He is in full gear and evacuating people from homes in Rancho Bernardo. Says as soon as they get people out they look back and the homes are engulfed in flames. Fire is taking home after home.

Wants everyone to know he is OK and appreciates your thoughts. Gonna be a long day as he was called out last night.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
F ME!!! The firs in Irvine is only about 10-15 miles from My office. Being on the 16th floor we would be able to see it, but the smoke is making the sky a crazy orange/black color and blocking our view it stinks like an old campfire outside. and Ash is falling all over the place

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Dude, this is nuts. The power is going out all over the place. We can ussually see catalina Island from here and that's about 40 miles away. I can't even see the coast which is only about 13 miles away. The light outside is an errie orange tone. There is a constant rain of ash in this part of town and my wife says it has covered her car. I'll try too take pics when i get home. Should make for a spectacular sunset though. A very lttle silver lining to the devestation these fires are bringing. They say this one was arson.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
oh my gosh,,, devastion everywhere,,,, started mandatory evacuations in ramona at 0700, then poway, then rancho bernardo, then rancho sante fe! i saw unbelievable multi-million dollar homes 'up in smoke!!'' stayed a few in front of the fire the entire time,,, all the way west!! amazing pictures to follow....

then, i get to my home (about 20 ago) to find out the harris fire is about 2 miles away, and they're (actually, i guess it would be me - the Sheriff's office) is conducting 'voluntary evacuations' in my neigborhood as we speak! sent my daughter and the dogs to friends,,, and i have to be back in ramona at 6 tomorrow morning! so, i'm gonna drink a couple beers, take a shower, and i am out!!

thanks for the prayers! it is truly a sad sad state of affairs!!

jeff