What's new

So what'cha readin'???

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I just started book 4 of the Outlander series. My wife and I are reading these together (well, she started them and asked me to read them too, lol). Not my usual genre to be sure, but good books.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Just finished "I, Sniper" by Stephen Hunter. Before that "Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. Getting ready to read the next two books following "Hunger Games" and after that I'll have to go track down some more of the "Bob Lee Swagger" series by Hunter. Good to have some new authors.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Megan, we will have to chat about books again soon! A Clockwork Orange is definitely one of my favorites, and when I finish Crime and Punishment, I would love to talk about it!

Have you both been reading the translation by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky? I can't go back. Their translations are astonishing. While I suspect age, patience and an ability to think more critically has helped, their work is outstanding.

Just sayin.... :)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Just finished The Guns of August about the first 2 months of WWI

Just started Tears in the Darkness about Bataan Death March and WW2 Pacific Prison Camps

Slidzero

Belicoso Brother
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm currently reading Davidoff - Legend, Myth, Reality by Dieter H. Wirtz. Its a little clunky due to it being translated into English but it is still very informative and interesting. Next up on my list is The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay.