What's new

So what'cha readin'???

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Total Freedom. It's a collection of works from Jiddu Krishnamurti. Everyone should read it.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Also a prep book for the first actuarial exam on Probability. Fun!

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've recently read Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk... interesting book, you learn quite some things, I admit, though... I didn't really like the story all that much, I thought it would be a lot more twisted, this time I was able to figure it out before.

Currently: Finishing up A clockwork orange by Anthony Burgess (finally)

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I've recently read Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk... interesting book, you learn quite some things, I admit, though... I didn't really like the story all that much, I thought it would be a lot more twisted, this time I was able to figure it out before.

Currently: Finishing up A clockwork orange by Anthony Burgess (finally)
Have you read any other Palahniuk books? Fight Club is obviously his best, but Invisible Monsters and Choke are probably 2 and 3 on my list for his books.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Awesome book written from a family dog's point of view. Bit of a tear jerker.

Next up Keith Richards bio

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wow, a lot of people reading good books on here. I'm currently reading Atlas Shrugged, which if anyone has read it, knows its a great book but also huge!

I'm also a huge Harry Potter fan, and have read the series 3-4 times. Same with Chuck palahniuk. His books are great, I haven't read any of them after Rant though. Havent gotten around to picking them up.

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Have you read any other Palahniuk books? Fight Club is obviously his best, but Invisible Monsters and Choke are probably 2 and 3 on my list for his books.
Oh man, I bought Choke for someone, ever since, I've been wanting to read it. I'll get it next time I go to NY, for sure.

Haven't read fight club, though, I always hear that the movie was waaaaaaaaay better than the book. Who knows, I'll have to judge it and experience it myself.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Slowly working my way through a pile of books.
Currently working on Marine Sniper: 93 Confirmed Kills
the rest are:
-assholes finish first
-Blackwater
-The Looming Tower
-The Good Guy by Koontz
also read the Maus books for a class, they were fantastic imo

Last edited:

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Oh man, I bought Choke for someone, ever since, I've been wanting to read it. I'll get it next time I go to NY, for sure.

Haven't read fight club, though, I always hear that the movie was waaaaaaaaay better than the book. Who knows, I'll have to judge it and experience it myself.

CHOKE might be his best, imho. The detail and complex interiority he got spot on.