What's new

So what'cha readin'???

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
How far in did you get? I thought the first book was amazing, and the second was really good. I fell off somewhere in the early chapters of the third.

I'm working on The Bell Jar. Also reading Harry Potter to my nephew.

-Charles
I think I would like to read the Harry Potter books. It's something I think I would enjoy.. I like Tolkien, Raymond Feist, Terry Brooks, etc. Something about all the hype made me shun them, immediately. I hate that. So, I think I may read them, and watch the movies.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
As far as audiobooks/ePub books...

Our local library is participating in a new system with other Missouri libraries. It's called Overdrive Media Console, or something. It's a way to download (on loan, like normally lib. books) audiobooks and digital books. You can do it on pc, mac, iPod, BlackBerry, etc. I'm really excited about trying it out. I actually downloaded all the software I needed last night, on my iPod (the Media Console, Adobe ePub software) and as soon as I finish Between Planets, I plan on downloading the ePub version of Blood, Bones, and Butter: the Inadvertant Training of a Reluctant Chef by Gabriella Hamilton (basically kinda the female version of Anthony Bourdain! LOL).

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I think I would like to read the Harry Potter books. It's something I think I would enjoy.. I like Tolkien, Raymond Feist, Terry Brooks, etc. Something about all the hype made me shun them, immediately. I hate that. So, I think I may read them, and watch the movies.
Skip the movies, read the books. They are ok movies, but don't even compare to the books.

---
- Sent from my personal space using my iPhone

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
As far as audiobooks/ePub books...

Our local library is participating in a new system with other Missouri libraries. It's called Overdrive Media Console, or something. It's a way to download (on loan, like normally lib. books) audiobooks and digital books. You can do it on pc, mac, iPod, BlackBerry, etc. I'm really excited about trying it out.
I believe that is who Amazon is partnering with for library kindle ebooks.

---
- Sent from my personal space using my iPhone

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
about 25% into "Inside Delta Force" by Eric Haney. THis is the book that the TV show "The Unit" was based upon, loosely.

Just finished the "Hunger Games" Trilogy.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished reading the original "Phantom of the Opera" by Gaston Leroux. I've also watched several movie versions, none of which capture all the subtleties of the novel.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a couple of books going at any given time, but the one I am most focused on right now is "Googled: The End of the World as We Know It." I recommend it highly.

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
Just started A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire #3) by George R. R. Martin. Can't hardly put these books down. It feels like I am there when I am reading, he realy has a way of making the story unfold all around you.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just started A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire #3) by George R. R. Martin. Can't hardly put these books down. It feels like I am there when I am reading, he realy has a way of making the story unfold all around you.
I have that set on my Amazon wish list, and I keep hoping...

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Ghost Stories by Jim butcher. Newest book in the Dresden files series. Honestly not groovin on it yet.

Also, started the first Frankenstein book in Dean Koontz's series. Quick read, not a lot of depth but entertaining.

And currently close to finishing Sandman Slim and unfortunately can't remember the author at the moment.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Ghost Stories by Jim butcher. Newest book in the Dresden files series. Honestly not groovin on it yet.

Also, started the first Frankenstein book in Dean Koontz's series. Quick read, not a lot of depth but entertaining.

And currently close to finishing Sandman Slim and unfortunately can't remember the author at the moment.
Stick with Ghost Stories, it gets really good!