What's new

So what'cha readin'???

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
wife got me a signed and bible-ized (soft leather, gilt pages, etc.) copy of chistoper moore's "lamb". the man is hysterical, and his combination of absurd situations with explored and human characters is just perfect!

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
The Drop, by Michael Connelly - I began reading Connelly's works years ago and have enjoyed his main character(s) and his fast-paced plots. It's hard to put his books down once I begin reading one.

Up next? Micro, by Michael Crichton - I have always enjoyed Crichton's in depth plots and characters, and his knowledge on a partcular scientific subject. I'm interested to see how this book reads as it's "co-penned" after his death.

On deck? Silent Partner, by Jonathan Kellerman - The psycology of murder is intriguing and no one explores the depths of human psyche better than Kellerman.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Been reading the Warhammer 40,000 Horus Heresy series of novels for a while now. There are like 15 novels, and 4 or 5 collections of short stories in the series, so I'll be reading them for a while I think. Some of the novels are some of the best the Black Library has published IMO. I'm a bit of a nerd.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I drive 70 hours a week, and when I'm not driving I'm trying to sleep for my next shift, or taking care of my pregnant wife. Therefore, I listen to a lot of books on tape rather than music, since I used to read quite a bit and this is the only way I get to go through the books I love/want to read. With working this much, I tend to go through a couple of books a week, depending on their length, so I do a lot of re-listening. :)

Most recent book(s) - Kill Shot by Vince Flynn - Very let down by this book, I'm a huge Flynn fan, but this one just felt hurried and thrown together. He was on the brink of death while writing it though, so he definitely gets a pass from me.

Forgotten Patriots by Edwin G Burrows - This one I'm man enough to say brought tears to my eyes on several occasions. It's about the POW's during the revolutionary war, and how they were treated by the English. Extremely sad, and eye opening, I highly recommend this book to anyone with an interest in history or war.

Current/future book(s) - Moneyball by Michael Lewis - I'm surprised by how interesting this book is. I'm not really a baseball fan, but the sheer science behind how they choose the players is very well explained in this book, actually enjoying it when I thought I wouldn't.

Havana Nocturne by T.J. English - Heard about this book and it sounded interesting, so I'm going to give it a try. It's about the mob in Cuba before and during the revolution.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Last two books I read were "Obedience" and then "Dominance" By Will Lavender. Murder mystery/thrillers set on college campus locations. Kind of partial to Mr. Lavender since he is my nephew and the first book has a character somewhat named after me.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Just finished Making of a Chef by Michael Ruhlman. GREAT BOOK!

Now, starting How to Brew: Everything You Need To Know To Brew Beer Right
The First Time
by John Palmer.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway. Makes me want to go to Africa on safari but so far all the protagonists die so might rain check that trip.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Reading "In the Garden of the Beast" by Erik Larson. It's a non-fiction account of the ambassadorship of William Dodd and his family in Germany during the rise of the Nazi Party leading up to WWII. I love history, I love a historical novel, and I reeeeeeeally love historical back-stories that you don't hear about in school. So far, a great read, and apparently very well researched. If only the US government hadn't been asleep at the wheel for so long, the whole European adventure may have very well been avoided.