What's new

So what'cha readin'???

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Best books I've ever read, hands down. Gotta warn you though - the series isn't done yet, and Martin writes s-l-o-w-l-y. We've been waiting for the fifth installment since 2005...
Agree, best series I've ever read.

Wow has it really been over 5 years since Feast for Crows came out? Good thing the series is fantastic, although I was disappointed in how he split up the characters in the last book. This is beginning to feel like Robert Jordan v.2, here's to hoping he steps it up a little.

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Reading 'The Hobbit' to my son. It's great when they are old enough for bed time stories that you like as well.

SmokeyOgre

Has Layers
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best books I've ever read, hands down. Gotta warn you though - the series isn't done yet, and Martin writes s-l-o-w-l-y. We've been waiting for the fifth installment since 2005...
Good advice.

While im only halfway through the first book... I already loaded the other two onto my kindle. Quick reads and very good story.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading 'The Hobbit' to my son. It's great when they are old enough for bed time stories that you like as well.
:applause:
Yeah, we´re reading Harry Potter right now. No J.R.R. Tolkien, but not al that bad.

For Work:professional SharePoint 2010 Branding and User Interface Design.
Yes, that´s one book...:eyequiver

For fun: 98.6 Degrees: The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive! by Cody Lundin

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I just finished Anthony Bourdain's Medium Raw: My Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and People Who Cook. Fantastic book. Just picked up his The Nasty Bits: Collected Varietal Cuts, Usuable Trim, Scraps, and Bones from the library. Will start it today at lunch.

I also just got an iPod Touch 4G for Vday from my wife... just downloaded the Kindle app for it. So, I will have a world of possibilities there, soon.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
If you are getting ready to start in on Hunger Games, make sure you have the next two books handy. They read fairly quickly to begin with, but trust me, you will have trouble putting them down. EXCELLENT series.
You absolutely weren't kidding. I can't put them down. Almost considered calling in sick to keep reading. Into the 3rd book now.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
"Vicious Circle" by Mike Carey. Book two of the Felix Castor series. Kinda just a fill in till the newest dresden files book comes out.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
I just finished Anthony Bourdain's Medium Raw: My Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and People Who Cook. Fantastic book. Just picked up his The Nasty Bits: Collected Varietal Cuts, Usuable Trim, Scraps, and Bones from the library. Will start it today at lunch.

I also just got an iPod Touch 4G for Vday from my wife... just downloaded the Kindle app for it. So, I will have a world of possibilities there, soon.
I love his books and the way he writes is very interesting and "real." Kitchen Confidential is probably one of the best and most entertaining books I have ever read. A Cooks Tour is really good as well; it's a compilation of his writings from around the world, and most are pretty hilarious.

I am currently finishing up "Fate of Africa" by Martin Meredith, and "Ghost Wars" by Steve Coll. Two very good books detailing the ins and outs of Africa and Afghanistan for the last 50+ years. For anyone wanting to know about our countries interest and policies concerning these two lands for the last half century then these are two must reads.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Chasing The White Dog. A book on Moonshining that my wife picked up for me as a Valentine's day gift. Good book so far.

WhiteWolfIndulgence

Prince Sascha
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Do any of the books I edit count? They're all romances or erotica...

IF not, I just finished Back in Black by Lori Foster.

Yeah, I pretty much only read romance novels. And cigar/wine trade magazines.