What's new

Sobriety Thread

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I was just reading this and then it was stickied. I was wondering what the..... Lol. Thanks. Friend of Bill W. for 2.5 years now. New here though. Hi all!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Alright Tuggy! This thread is the reason I went from lurker here to happy member. It's like awesome community squared.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Well Fellas....18 days sober today. Taking a deep look at my drinking was pretty hard. Its literally a culture within our group of friends/family. I threw myself into work and the idle time is insanely hard.

Telling my wife didn't go as planned at all. I got the "I don't think you have a drinking problem"...I chock this up to my drinking over the last couple of years has drastically reduced. I hated my job and drank ever night. I had a motto that I would only show up hungover when they were paying me. I now love working for myself, but being on the road and eating in bars has caught up to me before....And I don't want to be there again.

Being in control 95% of the time just isn't working anymore...Thanks for this outlet. Reading this thread was able to put some things in prospective for me.
Remember this; "what other people think, is none of my business"

Congratulations on your hard fought 18(+) days sober. Keep going, I promise it gets easier if you work it. You have to have a plan..and that plan for most is AA.

Hope the holidays are going well for you and for the rest of you brothers as a matter of fact.

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Remember this; "what other people think, is none of my business"

Congratulations on your hard fought 18(+) days sober. Keep going, I promise it gets easier if you work it. You have to have a plan..and that plan for most is AA.

Hope the holidays are going well for you and for the rest of you brothers as a matter of fact.
Thanks and you are completely right about it what others think. I've been surprised with how supportive others around me have been. Today is 30 days and been feeling great. But still know I need a long term plan and that AA is gonna have to be part of my long term sobriety. Seriously appreciate the support that everyone has given here.
Happy New year brothers!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm not sure if this has been said or not before but, most AA rooms that I know of do some sort of gathering on New Years Eve. This provides a safe place to go and enjoy NYE without risking it with the alternatives. Anyone having issues should seriously consider it. Also, if anyone needs to, feel free to message or call someone in the program (or just sober at least). We can and do enjoy the usual celebrations in sobriety. :)

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
It was important for me to own the fact that alcohol was not my friend and eventually would kill me and could destroy the lives of those that love me.
Why would I want to do that or even entertain the thought in any kind of positive light?
Sobriety is the solution!
It's not a choice if you believe you are an alcoholic. That is why you give up your power to choose because when left in an alcoholics hands to make the choice for himself...eventually he will find himself powerless. Stay strong and if you need anything, ask. CongrAtultions on a month! One foot in front of the other.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Not sure if I've mentioned it in this thread or not but my name is James and I'm an alcoholic. I'm just over six months sober. I'd be lying if I said it was easy but I've found better reasons to be sober than to be drunk. I've said it before that if anyone needs someone to reach out to my phone is always on (863) 532-9755. I text back and forth with one of my friends here and I'm proud of his progress and strength.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Good evening my brothers. And welcome to our newcomers. I am happy that you have made the one decision that I know will save your life. I am proud of you all. Tonight can be particularly tough on us, so please contact me before you take that first drink. Talking to another alcoholic when I was tempted to drink saved my ass a few times in the early days. You can message me here, email me zama475@gmail.com or call me at ( 407) 718-5085 . Have a safe and sober night. And Happy New Year! Remember, there is never a good reason to drink again, but there are millions of reasons not to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Telling my wife didn't go as planned at all. I got the "I don't think you have a drinking problem"...I chock this up to my drinking over the last couple of years has drastically reduced...
Wow! What a great thread to wake up to on this New Year!
I'm Christi, and I'm an alcoholic. My sobriety date is Nov. 21, 2009.

When I was about 2 years sober, my husband said something similar to me...."do you really think you're an alcoholic? You didn't drink that much....." oh, he never SAW me drink that much. I was pretty good at hiding it! Now our oldest daughter, she is the one who called me out on my drinking when she was like 19. Maybe I didn't have a "drinking" problem......what I had was a STOPPING problem! lol

Once I started, I couldn't stop!

I'm also very active in my area, and homegroup.

I know it's guys sponsor guys, gals sponsor gals.......but you can absolutely add me to the list of available alcholics....nothing so much insures us from picking up a drink as one alkie talking to another alkie. Pick up that 500 lb phone! You will probably be helping me more than I am helping you!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0

When I was about 2 years sober, my husband said something similar to me...."do you really think you're an alcoholic? You didn't drink that much....." oh, he never SAW me drink that much. I was pretty good at hiding it! Now our oldest daughter, she is the one who called me out on my drinking when she was like 19. Maybe I didn't have a "drinking" problem......what I had was a STOPPING problem! lol

I know it's guys sponsor guys, gals sponsor gals.......but you can absolutely add me to the list of available alcholics....nothing so much insures us from picking up a drink as one alkie talking to another alkie. Pick up that 500 lb phone! You will probably be helping me more than I am helping you!
Welcome Christi! Thanks for sharing. I will add you to the list on the first page. Thank you for being available should one of us need it. BTW, I loved your story. Tough to get things by kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yup. Another good night spent peacefully at the house with no drama and regrets. It works for sure. :) How about you @zama80 ?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0

Welcome Christi, I am glad you are here.