What's new

Sobriety Thread

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Yup. Another good night spent peacefully at the house with no drama and regrets. It works for sure. :) How about you @zama80 ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Well, I got a little crazy this year. I had two deserts and stayed up past midnight. Woo what a night. But because I am old, I still woke up at 6:00 AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
2 deserts?!?! Whoa! Hmmm....

I myself have admitted that I am powerless over ice cream.... hahaha.

Sounds like a great night. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Ever have alcohol give you that, "Remember the good 'ol days when you drank" argument? I get it at least 12x a day. Not feeling tempted, but I hate the "cunning, baffling and powerful" nature of this beast. :(

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ever have alcohol give you that, "Remember the good 'ol days when you drank" argument? I get it at least 12x a day. Not feeling tempted, but I hate the "cunning, baffling and powerful" nature of this beast. :(
Every now and then. Not a lot. And when I do I think about all those good 'ol mornings. Haha. And then the whole scene plays through my head.... and I'm thankful.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Every now and then. Not a lot. And when I do I think about all those good 'ol mornings. Haha. And then the whole scene plays through my head.... and I'm thankful.
Truth! Everyone keeps saying, "play the tape to the end." Glad I go to a meeting every day, because self-will just wouldn't cut it in this fight. I need people to keep me honest and centered. (y) Thanks brother. :)

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Truth! Everyone keeps saying, "play the tape to the end." Glad I go to a meeting every day, because self-will just wouldn't cut it in this fight. I need people to keep me honest and centered. (y) Thanks brother. :)
Absolutely! I have no self will and depend on the program. And thank you, Brother!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Actually I didn't have those early on. I was so rung out by booze that I couldn't even remember the good ole days. Those thoughts did appear a couple years in. Thankfully I had enough tools to understand what was happening. I would just follow that drink to it's logical conclusion and it would quickly go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
It's official guys, today is my first birthday, one year sober! Never in a million years could I even imagine this. Went through some ups and downs, but never picked up. I read steps 10 & 11 every day. "What we have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition". AA really works, it does! I don't even think about it anymore, BUT, I still have to do my homework everyday, and I'll be going to meetings for the rest of my life. Meetings have become like church now. I really love the book studies.
What a second chance I've been given.
Recently, I've had to adjust my schedule to get my kids on the bus (I go to bed at 2 am). What would have been a resentment is now a blessing as I get to see them every morning. Recognizing and praying about my character defects within myself has given me a completely new outlook on life. The hate and bitterness is gone, and when it does come up, I address it quickly (why am I mad, what is my part?). To any new person reading this, know that I was you at one time, and there is hope. You don't need to be a dry drunk (not drinking, but hating life). It's amazing to go from wishing I would die to "what can I pack into the stream of life?"

I'm always here to chat if anyone needs to, and I've officially dealt with that first year which is full of doubt, misunderstanding, and later self confidence (yeah, that's a bad one when you think "you" got this).

Happy Friday everyone. Smoking a pardon 1926 tonight given to me by my good friend @ZippoGeek