What's new

Sobriety Thread

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Giving this thread a little bump, and also a big shout out to a brother with a birthday.
Yesterday, Dave, @Grrrrr609 was 13 years old. Well, done my friend. And thank you for all the help and support you have given me over the last couple years.
I would ask that all you somber brothers post up on your sobriety birthday. It may just give a little incentive to those that are still struggling.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Giving this thread a little bump, and also a big shout out to a brother with a birthday.
Yesterday, Dave, @Grrrrr609 was 13 years old. Well, done my friend. And thank you for all the help and support you have given me over the last couple years.
I would ask that all you somber brothers post up on your sobriety birthday. It may just give a little incentive to those that are still struggling.
I love it. Happy birthday, @Grrrrr609! May you never have to celebrate 13 years again!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My respect to all of you that battle this disease on a daily basis. As a paramedic in one of the poorest cities in america. I see the ravages of this disease daily. If I see someone who seems to be ready, we talk on the way to the hospital. If not I treat and hope theyll be ready one day. I also supervised rapid detox aftercare for narcotic addicts. I had some interesting conversations while they were recovering. One of my best stories was a 20+ yr heroin addict that went through our program who 2 years later was still clean, had a job and was repairing his life.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
My respect to all of you that battle this disease on a daily basis. As a paramedic in one of the poorest cities in america. I see the ravages of this disease daily. If I see someone who seems to be ready, we talk on the way to the hospital. If not I treat and hope theyll be ready one day. I also supervised rapid detox aftercare for narcotic addicts. I had some interesting conversations while they were recovering. One of my best stories was a 20+ yr heroin addict that went through our program who 2 years later was still clean, had a job and was repairing his life.
Thank you for helping others and for your empathy. I am grateful that I never needed the services of you or you colleagues, but I sure wasn't far from it.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm trying to be 100% sober. The last 1% is really kicking my ass. Mainly when I have a stressful day.

Liked alcohol too much and it really interferes with my type 1 diabetes.

Parker

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I'm trying to be 100% sober. The last 1% is really kicking my ass. Mainly when I have a stressful day.

Liked alcohol too much and it really interferes with my type 1 diabetes.

Parker
Stay strong man. Don't pick it up, no matter what happens!

Just remember, whether you drink or not, the craving will ALWAYS pass.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Stay strong man. Don't pick it up, no matter what happens!

Just remember, whether you drink or not, the craving will ALWAYS pass.
@ItsBarbarino has it exactly right. The craving WILL pass, just don't pick up ever. The thing that helped me greatly was, mentally following that first drink to all the way to the logical and only outcome. Stay strong brother.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Guess I have to follow my own request to everyone else.

Today is my birthday. Nine years sober. I was a daily drinker, from the time I got out of bed until I passed out at night. If I can do it, anyone can.
If you are still struggling, please remember this. You are not alone, and you never have to live that way again.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Guess I have to follow my own request to everyone else.

Today is my birthday. Nine years sober. I was a daily drinker, from the time I got out of bed until I passed out at night. If I can do it, anyone can.
If you are still struggling, please remember this. You are not alone, and you never have to live that way again.
Congratulations brother! You are the miracle. Thanks for keeping me sober today.

May you never have to celebrate 9 years again!