What's new

Some Assistance Please

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All recommendations so far are wonderful! If you get a chance and want to splurge some, check out Blanton's. Usually runs $50-$60, but it is worth every penny in my book!
I like to drink mine straight and prefer the glencairn glass. It usually runs around $8. I also have some Ridel glassess that are amazing, but really thin and easy to break.
Here's a like to the glencarin glass

Keep us posted on your endevors!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All recommendations so far are wonderful! If you get a chance and want to splurge some, check out Blanton's. Usually runs $50-$60, but it is worth every penny in my book!
I like to drink mine straight and prefer the glencairn glass. It usually runs around $8. I also have some Ridel glassess that are amazing, but really thin and easy to break.
Here's a like to the glencarin glass

Keep us posted on your endevors!
Thanks for the extra advice on the glasses. I find that the larger mouthed glasses are too inviting to my sinus, which has been the culprit of too many whiskey faces. I'm still learning how to not breath through my nose when drinking spirits.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for all the advice thus far. Keep em coming. I have a little tally sheet going on so I can refer to it when the time comes.

Any advice on a good glass and some stones (another area that confuses me) or are Ice Balls a better option.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thank you for all the advice thus far. Keep em coming. I have a little tally sheet going on so I can refer to it when the time comes.

Any advice on a good glass and some stones (another area that confuses me) or are Ice Balls a better option.
Nothing wrong with the ice balls except they can water down the drink you're drinking. I'd still use them though.

And whiskey stones, sipdark.com is decent. I have others my girlfriend got me too but I don't know where she picked them up.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I recently graduated from gentleman jack and a splash of coke to GJ on ice. I still need a little ice to take the edge off but I have been thinking of getting some whiskey stone for more consistency. Bt then I m lazy like that.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok update time: I'm pretty close to picking a Bourbon to start off with. Its a close race but here is the competition list: Buffalo Trace or Woodford

I've been to a number of spirit establishments over these last few days in search of the best deal I could find and who has what sort of thing. I located one place that has Eagle Rare and a few places that carry Buffalo Trace. Being from NJ the cheapest I could find Buffalo Trace was $23.99 (750ml). Also most carry Bulliet and Woodford's line. For those that were recommending Woodford, which line were you referring too? There was the Yellow Label, Distillers Select , Double Oaked, or was it something else I'm forgetting????

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
For $23.99 that's really cheap!!! Here on Long Island it's $32.99 a bottle.

As for the woodford, Double oaked is one that might've been a new release or maybe my liquor store is slow with the times and finally getting it in stock? Not sure lol.

I got the basic woodford bottle. None of the double oak stuff.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just like wine, bourbons have categories. I recommend you find out if you like sweeter bourbons (wheaters), mid range, or spicy (high Rye's). Then you can search those areas for your favorites. Makers Mark is a wheat. Elijah Craig or Eagle Rare are great mid-range, for a high Rye like Sazerac, Bulliet, or Knob Creek. I wouldn't spend more than $35 on a bottle until you get your own taste. You may notice a difference, but not enough to justify the cost difference. All these guys recco's are great. You can't go wrong.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just an FYI bevmo currently has woodford reserve 750ml bottle on sale @20% off for just $29. That is a smokin' deal for that stuff.

http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx/Spirits/Bourbon/Kentucky/Woodford-Reserve/Woodford-Reserve/7607
Thank you I actually found a B&M selling the Reserve for $23.99, which sounds like a deal not to miss. I may start off with the Buffalo Trace though, still not sure. Let me go about this next question like I would if it were a cigar. Can anyone describe the nuances of the Buffalo Trace versus the Woodford Reserve?