What's new

Some Assistance Please

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not one who can pick out specific flavors like vanilla or Oak. I can only give you generic descriptors of how its tastes to me.
For me ... Buffalo Trace is more gritty/earthy, more spice... and much more complex than Woodford's.
Woodford's is smoother, simpler, with a little bit of a bite... and I don't know how to describe it... maybe a mentholish type flavor.
I love them both, but prefer Buffalo Trace. Its a staple on my shelf. Hope that helps.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Bulleit Rye is my go to budget bourbon, I love the spice and bite it has. Regular Bulleit isn't bad, but I think the other options you have been given in the same price range will provide a better experience if a spicy bourbon doesn't sound like it will be in your wheelhouse. The Bulleit 10yr is something else though, that is worth the extra coin they charge IMO.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not one who can pick out specific flavors like vanilla or Oak. I can only give you generic descriptors of how its tastes to me.
For me ... Buffalo Trace is more gritty/earthy, more spice... and much more complex than Woodford's.
Woodford's is smoother, simpler, with a little bit of a bite... and I don't know how to describe it... maybe a mentholish type flavor.
I love them both, but prefer Buffalo Trace. Its a staple on my shelf. Hope that helps.
Thank you so much for the detailed responses, you helped me out majorly.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for all the help and advice from all the Brothers!!!! Your help as guided me through unfamiliar territory and I learned much. I just bought a bottle at a local chain. After doing further research I had it down to 2 bottles: the Woodford Reserve and Eagle Rare. I plan on getting Eagle Rare after I polish off the Woodford or when the money starts pouring in again :woot:
Update time: Here is a picture of the Bourbon I bought and the custom Glencairn Whiskey Glass I ordered. I'm excited to crack it open and try it, tomorrow night sounds perfect. I have to work 11pm-6am tonight so it will be something to look forward too.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks for all the help and advice from all the Brothers!!!! Your help as guided me through unfamiliar territory and I learned much. I just bought a bottle at a local chain. After doing further research I had it down to 2 bottles: the Woodford Reserve and Eagle Rare. I plan on getting Eagle Rare after I polish off the Woodford or when the money starts pouring in again :woot:
Update time: Here is a picture of the Bourbon I bought and the custom Glencairn Whiskey Glass I ordered. I'm excited to crack it open and try it, tomorrow night sounds perfect. I have to work 11pm-6am tonight so it will be something to look forward too.

Enjoy...I've only seen the evan williams single barrel mentioned once and it is a really good choice...one of my favorites in that price range. Don't be afraid to add an ice cube or a splash of water to take some of the bite out of the bourbon and be able to taste the flavors a little more. I do that once in a while with higher proof bourbons

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Enjoy...I've only seen the evan williams single barrel mentioned once and it is a really good choice...one of my favorites in that price range. Don't be afraid to add an ice cube or a splash of water to take some of the bite out of the bourbon and be able to taste the flavors a little more. I do that once in a while with higher proof bourbons
Thanks I plan to try it neat and then adjust accordingly. I'm holding off on buying the whiskey stones until last but not least.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm surprised no one mentioned Elmer T. Lee. This is an amazing spirit at a great price if you can find it. I think I paid lik $35 for my last bottle.

https://www.buffalotracedistillery.com/brands/elmer-t-lee-single-barrel

I did not however pay this price. I have no clue what's going on here or maybe i missed something.
https://citywinecellar.com/spirits/whiskey/bourbon/elmer-t-lee-single-barrel-sour-mash-bourbon-whiskey-90-proof-750ml.html?vfsku=14195&vfsku=14195&gpla=pla&gclid=CM6m7ci60cYCFceQHwodV1sBdw

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's been a hella long time since I updated you guys on my new interest of Bourbon, and if I took to it like I was hoping to. I'm pleased to say that I have a new hobby to enjoy!
I've had 7 Bourbons total, including 5 bottles of my own. I'm buying my first bottle of Scotch soon (Glennfiddich 14 Year Bourbon Barrel Aged). I love everything about Bourbon and I'm planning on doing the Bourbon Trail soon when I buy my Adventure Bike. Enjoy the upcoming photo montage.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Woodford Reserve remains the best Bourbon I've ever tasted. This could be that it was my first but I doubt it, any less and it may not have sparked such an interest in this great hobby. This is what the bottle looked like after a week.

[/URL][/IMG]

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I agree with everything stated here. I'll add in WL Weller Special Reserve. Very modestly priced for what you get. Also, for a rye bourbon, grab some dickel rye. You can get it for $20 and it awesome. I like it better than bulliet rye.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Elijah Craig Small Batch was my 3rd and surprisingly least favorite. Besides the obvious cork stopper split, it had a very unpleasant transition after the third opening. The incredibly smooth notes had turned bitter and rubbing alcohol like. Not sure why as none of my bottles have done that to date.

[/URL][/IMG]

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last but certainly not least are the Basil Hayden's and the bell of the ball...Blantons! I wanted to prime my palate with enough bourbon before I poured my first glass of Blantons. What a bourbon it was.

[/URL][/IMG]

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also sampled: Angels Envy and Bookers Unfiltered Single Barrel. Had I not had experience with bourbon when trying Bookers; I would've died lol. Powerful but flavorful stuff. Next Bourbon bottle for sure.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree with everything stated here. I'll add in WL Weller Special Reserve. Very modestly priced for what you get. Also, for a rye bourbon, grab some dickel rye. You can get it for $20 and it awesome. I like it better than bulliet rye.
Thanks for the suggestion. I think after I buy my Bookers Unfiltered, I'm gonna try a Rye.