What's new

Started My Sleeve. added some color

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
And you should never feel the need to defend your tattoo choices. You do them for yourself, not someone else. People might not always agree with your choices but you may not always agree with theirs either.
This. I've gotten to the point where people ask me, "WHAT DOES YOUR INK MEAN?!" and my response is "None of your freaking business" with some slightly more colorful language.

Enjoy your ink.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I'm kind of used to it in general. My right arm has charictures of me and my 3 best friends from HS as the JLA. People area always like what if your not friends any more.

I just tell them ill tattoo a mask over their face.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
This. I've gotten to the point where people ask me, "WHAT DOES YOUR INK MEAN?!" and my response is "None of your freaking business" with some slightly more colorful language.

Enjoy your ink.
I dont go that far. LOL. I just tell em its something that has personal meaning to me and it would take too long to explain.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I dont go that far. LOL. I just tell em its something that has personal meaning to me and it would take too long to explain.
Lol probably a better approach. However, I'm just about always irritated by that point in the conversation. My ink is in a place where people have to know I have it, and ask to see it. Which is fine, by all means. But the people who tend to ask to see it are people with tattoos. The vast majority of these people are my peers who got tattooed by a friend or one of the local, crappy shops. They then proceed to explain why their poorly done tattoos are better than my properly done ink for the dumbest of reasons. So by the time the question of "So what does your ink mean?" comes up, I'm already to the point of exploding.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Just curious. To me tattoo's are like cigars everyone has their own different tastes in what they like and are willing to smoke or put on their body. Personally I would never get a tribal tattoo or stars. Because I dont like that look, I want tattoos that no one else will probably have, granted someone might have the liga lion or the opus logo but not the way I will have the over all sleeve done. I have 8-11 tattoos depending if you count these as 1 or 4, all of them except 1 are original designs, and all of them mean something to me.

I didnt get this as a "brand" tattoo its part of an over all idea that incorporates cigars and Poker which are to huge things in my life. Especially over the past couple years, and I know cigars will be part of my life for a long time to come.

I looked at alot of the different bands I have collected and gave a handfull to my artist and after looking at all of them felt these 4 were the best for the over all theme and feeling. I liked his thought, I like the design of all of these logos and bands, I can also remember the first time I had each one of these cigars.

Any ways enough kind of defending myself.

Glad alot of you guys like the work.

Looks good I suppose since you posted it some people will ask questions, I started mine about 30 years ago give or take and until about 5 years ago never paid a dime just beer and pizza.

I like the way you have it mixed up and the brand is cool I won't wear a t-shirt with a brand but have an AC/DC tat go figure.

anyway looking forward to seeing it done.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Me too, thanks for reviving it.

I have my right arm done in a military/patriotic theme and never try to explain it since 90% of the people who ask, just wouldn't understand.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
It's not finished yet. Did get more color on the spartan helmet. Going in next sat to get the top part pretty much finished. I will post pics after that session.

Thanks for reminding me

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Looks very cool, bro! I'm usually not a fan of the brand tattoos, but those are done in an artistic fashion, looks good.

I've been thinking about getting this tattoo - grim_sniper_tatoo 2 img.jpg

My wife even said I should, but just haven't yet. It's an Egil Paulsen that I've customized some. It's about the only thing of his that doesn't make me roll my eyes, lol.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
^^^ I think it would look better if the riffle was bigger like a 50.cal or even a .308 I just think it needs a longer barrel.

I really like the tattoo bro and how it incorporates the brands. I love the color too. I wish I could get one but the Doctors wont let me. My disease has a immune disorder and could be a serous gamble. :shame:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Looks very cool, bro! I'm usually not a fan of the brand tattoos, but those are done in an artistic fashion, looks good.

I've been thinking about getting this tattoo - View attachment 24341

My wife even said I should, but just haven't yet. It's an Egil Paulsen that I've customized some. It's about the only thing of his that doesn't make me roll my eyes, lol.
You're going to have a very hard time getting that adapted into a proper tattoo. Any good artist who is even capable of doing it will tell you that it will look like crap A LOT faster than other tattoos.

However, I do think it is a very cool tattoo. I would simply advise to allow it to be openly interpreted by a good artist so that it lasts longer.

This is all my opinion of course, and it might be more important to you that it looks exactly like that for a short amount of time. Only you can be a judge of that.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0

I've been thinking about getting this tattoo - View attachment 24341

You're going to have a very hard time getting that adapted into a proper tattoo. Any good artist who is even capable of doing it will tell you that it will look like crap A LOT faster than other tattoos.

However, I do think it is a very cool tattoo. I would simply advise to allow it to be openly interpreted by a good artist so that it lasts longer.

This is all my opinion of course, and it might be more important to you that it looks exactly like that for a short amount of time. Only you can be a judge of that.
Yea, I've been told the same thing. But, it makes for a good starting off point to something cool. :)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
^^^ I think it would look better if the riffle was bigger like a 50.cal or even a .308 I just think it needs a longer barrel.

I really like the tattoo bro and how it incorporates the brands. I love the color too. I wish I could get one but the Doctors wont let me. My disease has a immune disorder and could be a serous gamble. :shame:
Totally agree, was planning on replacing that rifle with a Accuracy International Arctic Warfare Magnum, which is one of the most beautiful rifles ever released, in my opinion. Have thought about getting that rifle on my forearm as well.

1000px-Arctic_Warfare_Magnum.jpg