What's new

Summer 2016 Ultimate HERF - Cabo San Lucas!!!!! Who's in???

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Chuck asked me some questions on FB and after typing out a very long answer I figured it would be good to share here as well...

The Palace resort has 3 full bars and 2 pool bars (one at each pool), Santa Fe has 4 full bars and 3 pool bars (one at each pool). If you still needed more booze you get 3 or 4 bottles in your room (included) plus whatever in the fridge that gets filled daily. Since we are staying at Palace we get full access to all of this as well as all the restaurants. The buffet has some stuff that repeats daily but every night is a different theme. Examples... Paeja, roasted piglet or lamb, taco night (who doesn't love tacos!), Italian night, etc... Restaurants are an Asian place (its good and requires reservations for dinner but open seating for lunch), a steak place (meh, also requires a reservation), an Italian place during the day (decent) then a Mexican place in the evening (yummy, requires a reservation but may allow walk in) and Im forgetting the rest. Some of these repeat at Santa Fe.

As for off property party bars... 1) everything will be downtown 2) a cab is about $15 and its a van that can be split. Getting back is easy, they all hang out in a couple spots in downtown and easy to find.
The bars... El Squid Roe, The Giggling Marlin, Cabo Wabo and a slew of other bars that come and go every year all along the main drag as you go in and out of town. Ill be curious to see whats new/old since the storm in 14 though.

J&J Habanos is around the corner form Cabo Wabo. This is the ONLY place to get real Cuban cigars in Cabo and the best mojitos! Everything else is fake as a white girl in Compton.

Party boats can be set up from the hotel. There are really only two that are legit and on vessels that would be considered safe (one is a catamaran the other is a double deck tour type of boat). The rest are BS. Again, don't know what happened after the storm so Ill look into this.

The best seafood we had was down at the Marina. The restaurants buy the fish from the fishermen and prep it on the spot. Some of them sell their catch or a portion of it to the restaurants. Its expensive though. No Mexican deals to be had here. We do know of a couple great places to eat though... The Office on the Beach (great for a large group), the office is flanked by Billygans and The Mangos Deck (both are party places), down the beach a bit is Tabascos (take the life here for a romantic dinner).

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
If you're thinking about making the trip, check your passports now! Just a friendly reminder so that you don't find yourself in a last minute mad scramble.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Curious what the cost was for two for the week you guys booked? Isn't June the the start of hurricane season? (I realize Cabo is anti hurricane but it eventually got whacked.....)

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
We did an all inclusive this year and learned a valuable lesson. Decide what time your going to eat and book a reservation for each night. I think we should maybe just pick some restaurants and then Make our dinner reservations before we get there. Who wants to set the restaurant schedule?

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Just so everyone knows, the resort has their own web page that might have some deals on there includes airfare and like all have said all inclusive

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
This is whats in the room
We did an all inclusive this year and learned a valuable lesson. Decide what time your going to eat and book a reservation for each night. I think we should maybe just pick some restaurants and then Make our dinner reservations before we get there. Who wants to set the restaurant schedule?
They won't let you reserve before you get there. The reservations are made at the desk next to the main desk, you can do it at check in or any day but certain places book up fast.

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Cabo does have the famed, super aged, ultra rare Cohiba glass top collectors set. Please place your orders with Chuck @ChuckMejia, and he will start a list :). Due to limited availability, they made be hard to come by.

Last edited:

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Did I see $325 per night per person at this resort ? , is that right ?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
So some of the bookings are in. Most people have found deals for all 5 nights for about 2k with airfare.

Wife and I will be flying in at 2pm to the airport. If anybody else has a flight at around this time let me know and we will wait so we can all shuttle together.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I am pricing out the transportation. A cab is 80 one way, Translobo is getting great reviews. Definitely better to share a ride.