What's new

Supplements Thread

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yea man, if that's the case, monohydrate will bloat the hell out you. Shit i'll wake up super lean and 10 minutes later I'm bloated. For no reason at all!
LOL I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I've never met anyone that bloats like I do. I'll wake up and think "looks like I might be starting to slim down" and by the time I'm downstairs getting my vitamins and pouring some water I'm bloated like week old roadkill. And like you, I won't have done anything other than my morning routine. It's like standing up triggers a bloating mechanism lol

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
eating healthy is expensive enough. i would rather eat healthy than dump money into supplements. at my age, im not going to enter any bodybuilding competitions, etc. i dont need to be as big as i was 5, 10, 15 years ago.
typically i am up at 3a, roll out of bed and straight to the gym (no pre-workout). 30-45 min of cardio to wake myself up, then i drink about 8oz of juice to quickly replenish lost carbs and eat half a protein bar (Quest bars are deeeee-lish!). then i hit the weights for about an hour. post workout is a scoop of syntha 6 protein (1.5 scoops on tuesday and sat - leg days).

thats it!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
eating healthy is expensive enough. i would rather eat healthy than dump money into supplements. at my age, im not going to enter any bodybuilding competitions, etc. i dont need to be as big as i was 5, 10, 15 years ago.
typically i am up at 3a, roll out of bed and straight to the gym (no pre-workout). 30-45 min of cardio to wake myself up, then i drink about 8oz of juice to quickly replenish lost carbs and eat half a protein bar (Quest bars are deeeee-lish!). then i hit the weights for about an hour. post workout is a scoop of syntha 6 protein (1.5 scoops on tuesday and sat - leg days).

thats it!
3am? That's dedication man!! Good on you!

I've been slipping these past few weeks. A few too many happy hours. Beer and wings are destroyers of all routines.... I'll get back on the train soon enough :)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
LOL I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I've never met anyone that bloats like I do. I'll wake up and think "looks like I might be starting to slim down" and by the time I'm downstairs getting my vitamins and pouring some water I'm bloated like week old roadkill. And like you, I won't have done anything other than my morning routine. It's like standing up triggers a bloating mechanism lol
Yep, you're also the only other person I've ever talked to that has the same extreme issues. Crazy! At first I thought it was gluten. I cut that out, still bloated. Then I thought it was milk. Still bloated. Then I thought it may be all the protein I eat, i cut back, still bloated. Could it be fat, cut that down to like 20g a day, still bloated!! So now I just eat whatever and pay the price :) If I have plans to go out with friends, i don't eat a damn thing for fear that my night will be ruined.
People think I'm nuts when I try to explain this to them, "it's all in your head" they say. Sometimes it's so bad my pants don't even fit, and this is before I've even eaten anything! All I did was wake up, take a piss, drink some water, BOOM, bloated!
We have a standing up allergy I think :)

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Everyday - Fish oil, multivitamin and ZMA before bed
Pre-workout- Biosteel Sports mix and a coffee
Postworkout- Biosteel recovery protein

I have to be a little careful what I put in my body due to the fact that WADA doesn't accept ignorance as an excuse hahah Biosteel is the product I choose because they guarantee their products the conform to WADA with a salary compensation guarantee (hard to beat that). I use to be a Vega guy but they had a bunch of problems at the factory with contamination and that scared me away.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
3am? That's dedication man!! Good on you!
3a workouts started as a happy accident. i vacation a lot, mostly to the other side of the planet. after a trip i was severely jet-lagged, and decided to hit the gym instead of trying to sleep (i was just lying there watching the ceiling fan spin). ive been at it ever since. at 3a, there is nobody at the gym, and i have free reign over the weights and machines. it is just too crowded to hit the gym after work.
I had to re-evaluate my health goals about 2 years ago. being big and cut is definitely a nice boost to the ego. but as i said, it is too expensive to maintain, and clothes did not fit properly. i had a 48" chest with a 31" waist, and buying suits (especial for when i was in a wedding) was a nightmare. pants that go with a 48" jacket were usually like a 52" wasit. my arms were too big for jacket sleeves. for regular t-shirts, i could get a L and have a slim fit on my torso but super tight sleeves, or an XL with nice fitting sleeves but baggy around the torso.
now im about a 44-45" chest and i completely stopped doing exercises that target biceps and triceps. clothes fit better and im happy trying to focus on better health rather than just being swoll...

-chaz

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
And when were you going to tell me this? That stuff gave me the trotts!!!!!!!!
AHAHAHA That probably came from the large amount of probiotic in VEGA supplements Joel. The contamination was from a antibiotic they produced in the same factory but found traces in the VEGA protein. That was enough to scare me away.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Not sure if you guys know. I own a supplement company. We are releasing our Amino product in the next month and it will be much more advanced than what is currently out there. Our PWO was also rated top tier by Suppwiththat.com which was amazing because it proved all of our research and hard work really paid off. If you havent tried CATALYST let me know. Ill get a couple of sample packs out to you. My sig has my web site as well.

Besides my PWO I take Orange Triad daily. I stopped taking protein shakes 2 years ago and just eat more.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Yea man, if that's the case, monohydrate will bloat the hell out you. Shit i'll wake up super lean and 10 minutes later I'm bloated. For no reason at all!
Ive always felt that the creatine bloat thing was all a myth. As long as very high levels of water are taken in the bloat was almost non existent to me. I stopped taking creatine after I broke my collarbone earlier this year and it sucks. I havent been as strong and have put on a little more of a gut because of the injury.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yep, you're also the only other person I've ever talked to that has the same extreme issues. Crazy! At first I thought it was gluten. I cut that out, still bloated. Then I thought it was milk. Still bloated. Then I thought it may be all the protein I eat, i cut back, still bloated. Could it be fat, cut that down to like 20g a day, still bloated!! So now I just eat whatever and pay the price :) If I have plans to go out with friends, i don't eat a damn thing for fear that my night will be ruined.
People think I'm nuts when I try to explain this to them, "it's all in your head" they say. Sometimes it's so bad my pants don't even fit, and this is before I've even eaten anything! All I did was wake up, take a piss, drink some water, BOOM, bloated!
We have a standing up allergy I think :)
Just have to figure out how to not stand up, ever. :/

I've wondered a million times what causes the bloat ... like you, i cut out grains and then backed way down on dairy and i basically eat low carb not only for the fat loss but because it's the diet on which i'm least bloated (most of the time).

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Just swicthed to ON 100% whey...its good but wish it had a little more flavor to it. Before that I was strictly using myoplex but knew it was a little fatty. Switched and dropped 5lbs pretty fast. Was also using c4 PW but didn't feel like I was getting out what I was paying for it. Been a long time since I used a PW and hadn't felt like I missed anything.

Have to revisit the creatine...have not used since I was like 20. While on subject has anyone tried the Oh Yeah powders? I have stayed away due to all of the corney labeling etc but shop was trying to sell me on it last time I was there. If you have tried it what are your thoughts?

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
@icehog3 i have not...I will have to try it. I have been sticking with chocolate and if I have the time will added bananas or other fruit.
@swingerofbirches i will have to try them out! Saw them last time I went in too and was thinking about it. Didn't walk in too informed and just knew that ON wasn't going to completely suck.
Appreciate the feedback brothers! I will try them out!