What's new

Supplements Thread

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Lately I've been using MusclePharm Combat Powder for protein. Costco had a sale on it not long ago and it's actually pretty good stuff. It has 5 different proteins in it and definitely keeps me feeling satisfied vs ON 100% whey. I'd have a scoop or two of that and not feel like I put any cals in my body..

Plus this stuff tastes wayyyyy better than the ON stuff. Probably not as clean, but still has a decent macro profile.

I slipped bad this week guys. Shitty week at work, real shitty. Gonna get back on the train after this holiday (workout wise) I'll still eat clean this weekend.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Love my stack and highly recommend it...

Alphamine or Iforce Max Out for preworkout
SNS creatine mono
Agmatine
Citrulline malate
Xtend BCAAs
ON salted caramel

Results have been pretty good....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441685425.886365.jpg

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Love my stack and highly recommend it...

Alphamine or Iforce Max Out for preworkout
SNS creatine mono
Agmatine
Citrulline malate
Xtend BCAAs
ON salted caramel

Results have been pretty good....

View attachment 69970
Nice work man! I gotta get on my cut soon, snowboard season is among us. I'm a little "soft" right now!
Agmatine? Never heard of it, gonna look that up now.

What's your routine look like?

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice work man! I gotta get on my cut soon, snowboard season is among us. I'm a little "soft" right now!
Agmatine? Never heard of it, gonna look that up now.

What's your routine look like?
Thanks man!!! 2 years ago I was a fat ass. Now I mostly eat clean aside from some beer, watch my caloric intake, and stick to my macro split. Agmatine/CitMal is a great combo. Im practically never sore when Im running them.
Heres my 2 routines its a basic upper/lower split. I switch weight/rep ranges around a little to keep things fresh and do a lot of supersets and drop sets. 1min rest between sets. Mon/Thurs - lower and Tues/Fri - upper.....

Lower - 2 mile warm up walk
Squats - 10x 135, 10x 185, 10x 205, 8x 225, 6x250, 4x 275, last set is a double drop set 300, 225, 135.
Overhead DB press(superset with squats) - 5x10
Deadlift - 3x10 I don't go too heavy on these because I work out at home and can't afford to destroy my floor. I try to make up for it going harder on my squat.
Front and side lateral raises - 3 sets to failure @ 10lb
10 min ab routine.....
Upper - 1 mile warm up walk
Front/Side lateral raises - just a few light sets to warm up the shoulders for heavier weight
Flat Bench - 10x 135, 10x 155, 5x 185, 5x 205, 3x 225, 3x 250, last set is a double drop set 260, 225, 135.
DB Row, suicide grip(superset with bench) 5x10
DB fly - 3x10
Incline DB fly - 3x10
DB Pullover - 3x10
BB curl - 1x12, 1x10, 1x8, 1x6 increasing 5lb per set
Curl bar skull crushers, suicide grip(superset with BB curls) - 4x10
If I have anything left in the tank I superset pushups and pullups until I'm finished.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ya, I have been really pleased with the full Mutant line they have some of the best products I have used. I am also a bit biased though as I trained out of the same gym as Ron Partlow and got to know him. Ron is one of the main athletes with Mutant.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
He seems like a cool guy. His "Mutant on a Mission" series is one of my favorites. Wish he had more episodes of it out!
That's awesome that you worked out at the same gym and got to know him!

I might give his BCAAs a try as I just ran out of my latest tub of ANS BCAAs ytrdy.

I would have tried Mutant Whey by now but it's always sold out :/

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I used to use Scivation Xtend for BCCAs and Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. But switched to Mutant stuff, I use Mutant BCAA, Weight Gainer when I use weight gainer, and there Whey. It all mixes and tastes great, nothing but positive things to say about the Mutant stuff. I haven't tried any pre workout by them though, pretty hooked on the Mr.Hyde.

Ron is a really cool guy, has nothing but the best advice and in a world of inflated egos hes one of the most humble guys I have ever met. All around awesome guy, defiantly missed since he has moved on from our gym to follow his career with Mutant. Happy to see him doing so well with Mutant and winning his pro card this year, long overdue for sure. The guy is a beast.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I used to use Scivation Xtend for BCCAs and Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. But switched to Mutant stuff, I use Mutant BCAA, Weight Gainer when I use weight gainer, and there Whey. It all mixes and tastes great, nothing but positive things to say about the Mutant stuff. I haven't tried any pre workout by them though, pretty hooked on the Mr.Hyde.

Ron is a really cool guy, has nothing but the best advice and in a world of inflated egos hes one of the most humble guys I have ever met. All around awesome guy, defiantly missed since he has moved on from our gym to follow his career with Mutant. Happy to see him doing so well with Mutant and winning his pro card this year, long overdue for sure. The guy is a beast.
May have to give their stuff a try at some point Ive been taking Xtend and ON whey myself. Though ON just came out with a salted caramel that is outright the best tasting protein powder Ive ever had. Pretty pricey and only comes in small tubs though.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
May have to give their stuff a try at some point Ive been taking Xtend and ON whey myself. Though ON just came out with a salted caramel that is outright the best tasting protein powder Ive ever had. Pretty pricey and only comes in small tubs though.

Ya I stick to classic old Chocolate, I find the crazier the flavors they are to sweet and I get sick off them fast.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ya I stick to classic old Chocolate, I find the crazier the flavors they are to sweet and I get sick off them fast.
I'm generally an adventurous eater but I'm really picky when it comes to my protein and agree with you for the most part... the flavors rarely live up to half of what you'd hope! But I give ON credit IMO they nailed it with this one. It's sweet but not cloying like others I've had and not chalky at all. Reminds me of dulce de leche ice cream which has been a nice treat while cutting the past few months. Not a bad change of pace if your in the mood to mix it up.

Out of curiosity has anyone tried creatine HCL(hydrochloride) instead of creatine mono? It's supposed to have less of a bloating effect compared to mono but I'm wondering if anyone can actually vouch for this.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
No dice on Mutant BCAA tonight but I did pick up some iSatori AMINO-Amp. The online reviews seem positive ... I got the watermelon flavor and I can say that the taste isn't amazing lol.
Crazy, Mutant stuff is everywhere around here. But then again it is a Canadian based company. I generally get the mutant bcaa watermelon or green apple both flavors are really good. Never tried iSatori

I'm generally an adventurous eater but I'm really picky when it comes to my protein and agree with you for the most part... the flavors rarely live up to half of what you'd hope! But I give ON credit IMO they nailed it with this one. It's sweet but not cloying like others I've had and not chalky at all. Reminds me of dulce de leche ice cream which has been a nice treat while cutting the past few months. Not a bad change of pace if your in the mood to mix it up.

Out of curiosity has anyone tried creatine HCL(hydrochloride) instead of creatine mono? It's supposed to have less of a bloating effect compared to mono but I'm wondering if anyone can actually vouch for this.
Nope never tried an HCL creatine.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
For me it was usually

Pre: Animal Rage or Muscle Tech Nano Vapor
During: Universal Atomic 7 or Muscle Tech Amino Build
Universal Milk and Egg protein before bed since I usually worked out after work.

Throw in a decent multi-vitamin and that is the list.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
For the guys with bloat issues, try adjusting liquid intake. I found that drinking 20 ounces of water with any meal that contains rice or pasta helped. Also, making sure I got at least 100 ounces a day helped. It seemed to help wash away the carb and sodium bloat. Another thing may be too much water. If you are drinking over a gallon plus getting in coffee or fruit with a lot of juice it can cause issues.

The other thing is sodium. Cutting out all sports drinks such as Gatorade and watching the sodium content of any processed foods helped tremendously.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
If you havent tried CATALYST let me know. Ill get a couple of sample packs out to you. My sig has my web site as well.
I tried the Catalyst today and I was pretty impressed. Seemed to have a great Beta factor, without a lot of stim.

I would be interested in ordering some, curious if you were selling on Amazon as well, or only from your own site. Looks like I can get free shipping via Amazon if that is you. I'd obviuously rather have you get the $$ rather than a go-between company. Please let me know, and congrats on a nice product!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I tried the Catalyst today and I was pretty impressed. Seemed to have a great Beta factor, without a lot of stim.

I would be interested in ordering some, curious if you were selling on Amazon as well, or only from your own site. Looks like I can get free shipping via Amazon if that is you. I'd obviuously rather have you get the $$ rather than a go-between company. Please let me know, and congrats on a nice product!

Yes we are the seller on Amazon! Glad you liked it! Looking forward to your order.

Our BCAA supplement is releasing next week or so. Should have it in hand this week. It will literally be the most advanced of BCAA formulas. As a matter of fact its going to just be beyond any normal amino product. Got a lot of our guys clamering for it too haha.