What's new

Surprisingly good cigars?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
So what cigar have you smoked lately that you thought was surprisingly good?

For me, it was my first Padilla Dominus (robusto). I smoked it on leave about a month ago, having let it sit for like 6 months. I'm not sure why I was really surprised, as I like most Padilla cigars and the 1932 is one of my favorite sticks. But for some reason I was expecting "good not great." It's good to come in with low expectations! :applause:

Very creamy for a cigar so full-bodied (it kicked my butt towards the end, though my stomach was far from full), and also quite spicy. Spice plus cream is a very fun combo, and this cigar had other complex flavors as well. Great stick, highly recommended.

What has surprised you lately?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
La Traviata. I bought a box from a B&M running a special (came with a free Palio cutter too!). It was the Divino...I've never smoked that size before.

It was surprisingly good!

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
the 1 I am trying now, Antano Dark Corojo is surprisingly good!

Last edited:

The BurgerMeister

the devil is a busy man.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for a cheap smoke, the Cu-Avana Intenso is quite surprisingly nice. because of all the Gurkha hate, i was pleasantly surprised to find that i quite enjoy the Micro Batch C-10.

for a surprisingly ungood (yeah... don't want to say "bad." "ungood" is more fitting :thumbsup: ) stick, i didn't really like the Padron 2000 i had a few nights back... despite all the rave Padron reviews all over here.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I had a Padron natural Palmas with about a year of age on it when the Gators lost the SEC this year....and I didn't care that we lost it was so good. Like a $4 stick that blew me away....I was really expecting it to be a toss....just salty salty salty the whole way through

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I recently bought a 5 pack of 90 Miles as filler for an order. They were better than Cain and PDRs that I ordered. Not saying anything bad about the other 2 cigars, these were just really, really good to me.

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Xikar is a club sponsor for our Kansas City Cigar Afficinadio Club and at Christmas we all were given a sampler pack of the HCs. I was thinking how good can it really be. I smoked the first one and within a few hours, I had smoked them all. They were great! I've been a fan ever since. Since I've found out that Jesus Fuego is behind the sticks, I've decided that I need to seek out more of his stuff.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Primo Del Rey Cazadores Maduro....

Indonesian Wrapper w/ Montecristo Filler...
Medium Bodied, Med Flavors of Sweet Tobacco and Leather....
The draw was a little tight, but it was still very enjoyable...
You can get a box of 50 for 88.95....

This ones a winner in my book!

It also had a nice little "Kick" at the end... i paid 1.99 locally, but
will definitely be considering a box of these...

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Xikar is a club sponsor for our Kansas City Cigar Afficinadio Club and at Christmas we all were given a sampler pack of the HCs. I was thinking how good can it really be. I smoked the first one and within a few hours, I had smoked them all. They were great! I've been a fan ever since. Since I've found out that Jesus Fuego is behind the sticks, I've decided that I need to seek out more of his stuff.
Have you tried his J. Fuego Origen Original's yet?
Great Value smoke... Cut a little of the tip off to
get a good draw and you're in business!