What's new

Surprisingly good cigars?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had picked up a Padilla Cazadores torpedo at CI a while back. I pulled it out and smoked it on Sunday. I have to say I was very surprised, full flavor, hints of pepper all in all a great smoke. The only bad thing is I didn't buy more! Oh well good excuse for a road trip!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Just had my first Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial (petite robusto). I was surprised by how much I liked this stick! Great stuff, need more :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omar Ortez Honduran Maduro Toro & Torpedo! Great cool burn, razor sharp. Great draw, loads of smoke! Chocolate/Coffee the whole stick. For $3.74 a stick incl. tax, I'll buy them all day for a daily smoke!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Bahia Trinidad... Strong, spicy and good. Also, Padilla 1948... Just excellent rich flavor. Padilla cazadores as well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
La Aurora Barrel Aged was waaaaay better than my expectations.
I agree with your opinion about the La Aurora Barrel Aged. Purchased a sampler with very low expectations. They were even better than I thought they would be. I've been looking around for more.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
La Aurora 107. I've been smoking a lot of these lately. Just had one tonight and every time I smoke one I'm wowed by it. So far the corona is my favorite vitola.
Great cigar, far, far better than the 100 anos. Love the orange peel flavor. Try the lancero (the "Twitter Cigar") if you can find it.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
A found box of drew estates industrial press, the brik. Bought them about 5 years ago found them again last year but didn't get into the box until last night.

Flyer75

Flyer Faithful
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
La Traviata. I bought a box from a B&M running a special (came with a free Palio cutter too!). It was the Divino...I've never smoked that size before.

It was surprisingly good!
agree on the La Traviata ....very good cigar from CAO.

Last edited:

dowjr1

Dan O
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great to hear two of my favorites were mentioned: Sancho Panza Dbl Maduro and Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro. As a third I would like to throw in the Pinar del Rio Oscuro...very solid and not expensive.

Flyer75

Flyer Faithful
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll second the Gurkha Castle Hall. I know Gurkha gets a bad rap, and at times deservedly so, but this is a pretty tasty cigar at a good price.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Great to hear two of my favorites were mentioned: Sancho Panza Dbl Maduro and Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro. As a third I would like to throw in the Pinar del Rio Oscuro...very solid and not expensive.
I second the notion on the Lot 23 and PDR Oscuro, and would also add the PDR Seleccion, as I like it better than the Oscuro, and you can land these for $2-3 on some auction/discount sites.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Bump - any surprises lately?

I smoked an Alec Bradley Maxx at least a few years old that was gifted to me from a buddy of mine and it was awesome. Maybe it was the mood I was in or maybe it's actually a great cigar, I'm not sure, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.