What's new

Surprisingly good cigars?

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Famous Nicaraguan Sungrown Torpedo. OMG are they ever good!!! Also Helix maduro (yes, Helix) because even OTT they are naturally sweet and full of delicious flavor. I had a Padilla 68 tonight that was very, very good. Totally unexpected from all three.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biggest recent surprise was a bundle of Bahia maduros that I picked up for less than two bucks a stick. Very smooth, easy draw, nice flavors - been handing them out to friends with similar positive feedback.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
(noob warning) ...I had a 5 Vegas Relic and wasn't sure what to make of it...figured I would try again later...I found consistently bad reviews, but bought a cheap 5 pack anyway because the detail of the reviews didn't seem to match my experience. I tried a few more and decided I liked them...not because they are "sophisticated, complex and delicious" but because they are rough, unrefined and remind me of something a gun slingin' wild west hero might smoke, and sometimes that's good for contrast, especially after BBQ ;) I have another 5 Vegas that apparently won a 90+ rating and it will be interesting to see how it compares after a bit of rest in the humi...

I was also quite pleasantly surprised by the Cain Maduro and also agree with earlier poster that the JFR was surprisingly good.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
La Aurora 107. I've been smoking a lot of these lately. Just had one tonight and every time I smoke one I'm wowed by it. So far the corona is my favorite vitola.

Also enjoying the EPC Short Run robusto a lot.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tabacos Baez Serie SF. I was expecting something way less tasty, but i actually liked it a lot.

bradb

Brown Label Crew
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Perdomo Lot 23 maduros age very well. they were a surprise.

Lesser fuentes like the the 858 and cuban corona

Standard 0000 series padrons are guite good for the $$$