BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I stopped using soy and wasabi as much as I did. I would rather taste the fish

BOTL

4 LIFE
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive eatin sushi for about 20 years now and love it...I like it all. Great discovery bro.Lots of Wasabi is good..Helps kill some bacteria that might be in raw fish..

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
pdonlin said:
If you don't mix it, how do you get a small enough portion where its not too strong? The reason I mix it is so I end up with a paste that I can dab the rolls into easily and not get too much.
I have a high tolerance for heat (nasal or capsaicin types), however I usually only break off a small clump with my chopsticks and place it on top of the piece. Every now and then I will dip it in a small amount of soy, but not often. And on occassion I will eat a small piece of the ginger to cleanse my palate especially if I am eating different types of fish.

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hah I had to ask what the 'ginger' was for. The smell reminded me of soap and it wasnt a pleasant texture so I wasnt about to just go popping it in my mouth.

Next time I go I'm going to try not mixing with soy.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
pharmgator said:
I have a high tolerance for heat (nasal or capsaicin types), however I usually only break off a small clump with my chopsticks and place it on top of the piece. Every now and then I will dip it in a small amount of soy, but not often. And on occassion I will eat a small piece of the ginger to cleanse my palate especially if I am eating different types of fish.
:thumbsup: Thats the way its done.

If yall can get up the courage to get yer fannies out west, I'll host a herf a bring in the roaming sushi chef. This guy does parties and gathering. Its very reasonable and he can make just about aything your mind can develop! Cigars, sushi and the ocean.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I love sushi as well! Believe it or not we do have some great places here in the Austin area....2 being within a few miloes of my place. I was told that if you are to dip into wasabi and soy with sushi you should dip the fish side first not the rice. This way your rice doesnt soak up too much of that flavor so that you can't taste the fish. I like rolls but with sushi you seem to get more fish. LOL, the place by me has a roll called the "bobmarley roll" It has yellowtail, avacado, jalapeno pieces, and is topped with chopped Ahi tuna and some sort of hot sause. Nose burner for sure hahahahahahhaha.

mikes

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
CWS said:
If yall can get up the courage to get yer fannies out west, I'll host a herf a bring in the roaming sushi chef. .
I'm trying to convince my wife to take a trip out to LA next year. If we do, I'm calling you up!!!! I would really like to herf with some Cali folk.

Kevin

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
tubaman said:
I'm trying to convince my wife to take a trip out to LA next year. If we do, I'm calling you up!!!! I would really like to herf with some Cali folk.

Kevin
Any time. I'm about an hour and a half out of LAX in the north beach country. Lots of great places to smoke today, who knows after the first of the year.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Went to a sushi place tonight but got hibacchi instead. I did pick up their sushi menu though. :grin:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Man quit fliriting with fire and get some sushi. The good sushi places are about a 15 minute drive from me and after working 10 hours I didn't feel like going lastnight.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Man quit fliriting with fire and get some sushi. The good sushi places are about a 15 minute drive from me and after working 10 hours I didn't feel like going lastnight.
Had some on Wednesday :thumbsup:

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Went to the oyster/sushi bar tonight. Got eel rolls, tuna nigiri, shrimp nigiri and fresh raw oysters. The tuna had a stronger flavour, shrimp was nothing new, the eel rolls are really good. I don't know what to think about the oysters. Something about eating something that just died minutes ago seemed different, and I can't even describe the texture, its definatly a unique and probably aquired taste.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Oysters are goodaaaaaaaaa! I gotta put them on a cracker with a lil hot sauce. YUM! Or you can just eat them from the shell. I haven't had good oysters since I was in New Orleans about 4 years ago.

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This was directly from the shell, fluids and all (because apparently people like the taste of the fluid, which was good and salty). They offered hot sauce, I didn't try it but it does sound good now.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Oysters are goodaaaaaaaaa! I gotta put them on a cracker with a lil hot sauce. YUM! Or you can just eat them from the shell. I haven't had good oysters since I was in New Orleans about 4 years ago.
Oh yeahhhhh and a little fresh horse raddish and lemon juice. Then there are so many kinds each with a different taste.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
More watery and not that chewy. Of course, ya gotta swallow them whole without chewing!!!

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not really chewy, when you chew them they just squish between your teeth and slide around. I kinda chewed them just because you could taste more of them for longer that way.