What's new

Tat Drac Track

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I called 3 shops in IL yesterday. All 3 are small shops 2-3 hrs away. I got the owners of all 3 shops on the 1st try. "Are you willing to sell any Dracs or taking list". "I dont think we are receiving any sir" "Sir I'm looking at the list and you are on it! Oh really thats is great news!When do you think Ill get them? Probably next week and def before Oct31st. Well would you be willing to sell singles to me? I'd be willing to drive 2+ hrs to buy them. I'll tell you what, call me after the 1st week in Nov if I have any left. Ill sell you some.
I hang up the phone.
I'll tell you what sir thank god I dont live in your area. Because where Im from guys who treat people like you are out of business!
I understand he has reg customer prob some everydays. However I just let all 3 shops know they are getting a gold mine. Throw me a fin bone!
And all three of these shops are very very small. Its not like they are Holts or CI.
BTW my shop is getting 2 boxes of each. They are selling 1 of each to all the lounge members.(even though there still isnt enough, we have over 100 lounge members) And I couldn't be more proud of them by doing this!

I've had very similar experiences. I called A TON of the "Additional Retailers" and most had no idea the cigar even existed, let alone that they'd be buying a couple boxes. Even so, NO ONE would sell me anything.

I called the 2 shops that are within driving distance of me (an hour or so each), and neither of them knew anything either. One shop I literally walked him through the website and showed him that he'd be getting some in, lol! He STILL wouldn't guarantee me anything (this is a guy I know, I've been to several cigar tastings at this place). Both of these places said they'd NOT be doing any box sales, only single sticks ... LIMIT 1 ... and had no idea when they'd go on sale, etc.

I if I were to find out the correct time (assuming the sticks won't be promised to "special" customers already) and make it there in time, I could theoretically end up with 2 cigars for 4 hours of driving. The fact that I'm seriously considering that shows how fanatical I am, lol.

If there end up being even 400 boxes of Dracs that were available to the open public, I'll be VERY surprised.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
UPDATE:

I just got a call from Tobacco Grove in MN. This was the first place I called at 1:01, and was put on hold, then got disconnected. I called right back, was put on hold again, and got on the list--he said there were like 20 people already on the list.

I did not get any Dracs--just got the call. I'm in a lottery with who knows how many others, but am not holding my breath. This place was one of the two lists I was on, the other is Outlaw, and rumor is I won't get a box there either even though I'm "unlucky" #13 on the list.

So there is the "tracking" update thus far.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
UPDATE:

I just got a call from Tobacco Grove in MN. This was the first place I called at 1:01, and was put on hold, then got disconnected. I called right back, was put on hold again, and got on the list--he said there were like 20 people already on the list.

I did not get any Dracs--just got the call. I'm in a lottery with who knows how many others, but am not holding my breath. This place was one of the two lists I was on, the other is Outlaw, and rumor is I won't get a box there either even though I'm "unlucky" #13 on the list.

So there is the "tracking" update thus far.
Why won't you get a box if they put you on the list? I am on that list as well (#7) and will be UBER PISSED if they don't honor it. :cursing:

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
As of yesterday Corona Cigar Company still didn't know what they were planning to do with the list they made.

Looks like I'll just have to start making calls or visits to "secondary" and "additional" retailers on the week before Halloween (or sooner if word of their arrival starts showing up) & hope I get lucky. That's fair, I guess.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Why won't you get a box if they put you on the list? I am on that list as well (#7) and will be UBER PISSED if they don't honor it. :cursing:
Was told today the had 300 names on the list before they stop taking them...

They said the owner had the list and they were not sure what they were going to do with it yet.

I am on 7 or so lists, have not received a call from a single one yet. Heck, I do not even remember which ones I may be on......

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Called outlaw and was told the same thing...owner has the list and they don't know when they will get the smokes. Frustrating as hell...

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I've had very similar experiences. I called A TON of the "Additional Retailers" and most had no idea the cigar even existed, let alone that they'd be buying a couple boxes. Even so, NO ONE would sell me anything.

I called the 2 shops that are within driving distance of me (an hour or so each), and neither of them knew anything either. One shop I literally walked him through the website and showed him that he'd be getting some in, lol! He STILL wouldn't guarantee me anything (this is a guy I know, I've been to several cigar tastings at this place). Both of these places said they'd NOT be doing any box sales, only single sticks ... LIMIT 1 ... and had no idea when they'd go on sale, etc.

I if I were to find out the correct time (assuming the sticks won't be promised to "special" customers already) and make it there in time, I could theoretically end up with 2 cigars for 4 hours of driving. The fact that I'm seriously considering that shows how fanatical I am, lol.

If there end up being even 400 boxes of Dracs that were available to the open public, I'll be VERY surprised.
Your wrong you can get two and your wife can get two...so you'll have 4!!!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Here is a quote from the Outlaw Website forum:

Due to the overwhelming response for this cigar no official decesion has been made as to the distribution of this item.
We will post updates the closer we get to the actual ship date of this cigar which is the end of October.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Keep this alive...I would like to see the progress if any since I will probably get hosed out on both.

Drac

www.smokesignals.biz
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, to keep the thread going; I spoke to Andy at Tatuaje last week and shops should start seeing the Drac and Boris rolling in the end of this week to early next week.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
spoke to outlaw. they will be taking care of locals first, but no certain plan. also he said that boris will only be at stores who got the frank last year???

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
OK, to keep the thread going; I spoke to Andy at Tatuaje last week and shops should start seeing the Drac and Boris rolling in the end of this week to early next week.
Thanks bro... I heard this too but glad to get a real confirmation from a shop owner.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
And the live hunting begins! Woohoo!:assaultri

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
spoke to outlaw. they will be taking care of locals first, but no certain plan. also he said that boris will only be at stores who got the frank last year???
Sonofa...! That was my last shot! I'm up there on the list, and when I got on it he told me "you should be set." A shop can do what they want with the cigars, but to make a list for orders and tell someone they should be set and then change their minds is really poor form.

I'm revising my estimates: if more than 200 full boxes of Dracs are sold to the open public, I'll be ASTONISHED!

Last edited: