What's new

Tat Drac Track

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Pete, as long as I've known him, has always been about the experience
That's good stuff, especially the part of replacing broken cigars. Top notch customer service right there!

That's incredible customer service all around right there. Pete, you are a stand up guy, and all too often that is a rare thing in this day and age.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Not to take the wind out of your sails... but most cigar makers will replace broken sticks if you give them back to the place you bought them...

Its good that he's letting people know that though.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Not to take the wind out of your sails... but most cigar makers will replace broken sticks if you give them back to the place you bought them...

Its good that he's letting people know that though.
Yes but the store were not given extras to replace them with. Pete had to come up with them to give to the stores to replace sticks if i am not mistaken

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had pete autograph them for me and my best mate who could not attend the
Fogue and Bates Halloween Tat event because of swine flu
I am going to post a pic of Drac and Boris and the Drac box( it looks like a coffin' black outside red inside the Boris Box is all white regular shape box)

Me and H1N1 lol will smoke them together and let you know in a review what are thoughts are I am concerned anout the flavor simply because of the box paint or stain ' May not be an issue.
My thoughts on Pete Johnson:
Probably one of the most personable celebs I have ever met. He was more than happy to tell about whatever and was truly a great Figurehead for the cigar movement. As I spoke to him about my friend who had the flu and really wanted to meet him and told him that his favorite cigar was the tatuaje petite corona he took one of his own out of his goody bag to give to him. He stayed throughout the whole event and hung out answering questions from any and everybody and was very happy to take photos at anytime.
Fogue and Bates has moved to this the top of my list for great events free food drinks and they even hired some pretty ladies to dress up for the event and cut and light cigars 1st class in my opinion.... well that is about it for now I will take some pics and post a little later :chat:

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I was finally about to smoke my first Drac, but after I cut it and took a pre-light draw, I tasted a very strong paint taste coming through the cigar. I decided to let it rest a little while before attempting to smoking it again to see if that taste will go away.

I improvised and lit up a Tat Black instead!!:cbig:

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Someone posted on the inmate site a WTS add for Dracs. He did not post the price initially and then when prompted he said they were $475....

He got flogged, mods stepped in about complaining about prices, the guy apologized and said he thought that was the going rate on the secondary market.....Since when is there or here at BOTL a secondary market....God, they were even cheaper on that damn pez dispenser auction site...

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Drac just rated 88 as of yesterday in Cigar Insider (CA) and the Boris rated 90. Can I just say how did they get them so fast(hmmmmmm) and secondly wtf a 90? Now were really drinking the sauce.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Before I get hammered with how I should be grateful or slammed for attacking Tatuaje let me state that I'm only seeking advice on how to solve a problem, nothing more.

I bought a box of Dracs on Sunday morning and as per Pete removed them from the box ASAP. I placed them by themselves in a 50 count desktop, after 3 days opened it last night and was smacked in the face with the lacquer smell. I took them out and let them air out for about an hour then placed them isolated again in a 25 count desktop. When I checked this morning it was Krylon all over again. Even the empty 50 count humidor still reeks.

I don't want to send them back, I'm really looking forward to smoking and sharing them. What I want is some simple constructive ideas as to how I can "un-infuse" the cigars of the odor without damaging them.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Before I get hammered with how I should be grateful or slammed for attacking Tatuaje let me state that I'm only seeking advice on how to solve a problem, nothing more.

I bought a box of Dracs on Sunday morning and as per Pete removed them from the box ASAP. I placed them by themselves in a 50 count desktop, after 3 days opened it last night and was smacked in the face with the lacquer smell. I took them out and let them air out for about an hour then placed them isolated again in a 25 count desktop. When I checked this morning it was Krylon all over again. Even the empty 50 count humidor still reeks.

I don't want to send them back, I'm really looking forward to smoking and sharing them. What I want is some simple constructive ideas as to how I can "un-infuse" the cigars of the odor without damaging them.
hmmm, the smell in mine is no longer there. Try and take them out of the black paper and leave them spread out on a top shelf in your humi. I put mine in with the rest of my smokes and everything smells like cigars lol. I had my girlfriend smell the coolidor a few times because she can pick up the slightest smells, she gave me the ok everytime!

Consider yourself lucky you got any and leave Tatuaje alone! (j/k lol)

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
hmmm, the smell in mine is no longer there. Try and take them out of the black paper and leave them spread out on a top shelf in your humi. I put mine in with the rest of my smokes and everything smells like cigars lol. I had my girlfriend smell the coolidor a few times because she can pick up the slightest smells, she gave me the ok everytime!

Thanks J. Yeah the first thing I did when I got home was remove them from the paper. How long do you think I can leave them out in the air without damaging them?

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yeah it is really weird...I have smoked 3 Dracs so far and all with different experiences....the first I smoked was gifted from a brother here and it was good...not much flavor change up but still good, smoked the second on Halloween and it was fantastic..lots of good things going on and burned perfect...had the third last nite and it was rolled tight, could barely get smoke through it, and it still burned like a wedge all the way through...I guess it had very little to no flavor b/c I had such draw problems. they are in my humi controled my a cigar oasis that is dead on 65% on cedar shelves with no paper.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Thanks J. Yeah the first thing I did when I got home was remove them from the paper. How long do you think I can leave them out in the air without damaging them?
I would just throw them in with your others, on an empty shelf if possible. I didn't mean to let them just sit in the open. Although, if its not too dry or humid in the room, letting them sit out for an hr or 2 shouldn't be a problem..

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I would just throw them in with your others, on an empty shelf if possible. I didn't mean to let them just sit in the open. Although, if its not too dry or humid in the room, letting them sit out for an hr or 2 shouldn't be a problem..
I'm kinda leery of the odor getting into the other cigars, that's why I Isolated them into their own humidor. After smelling what they did to the humidor I think it was the right thing. It appears that the cedar is doing a decent job of absorbing the odor, maybe if I keep rotating the desktops they're in (after airing the humidors out of course) the smell will dissipate. Thanks for your help bro, I am so looking forward to firing one up! :thumbsup:

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0

25 I took the paper off and left them in the box. I don't smell nada. Smokes are fine. They are in an Avanti. Is everyone smell lacquer