What's new

Thank You, We Could Use Some Prayers and Positivity

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ok so before I ask for anything I just want to thank this brotherhood for all of the positivity and good vibes and prayers sent my way during my bout of bad anxiety recently. This place has truly been amazing to me and I love to participate as much as possible although I've been slightly absent this past month because of my own struggles. Also, participating in the MASW and MAW, random bombs, and group bombings has helped me to give more and has also spread into other avenues of my life as well. So I would like to thank you all for that.

Moving on to why we need some prayers and good vibes - as many of you know, the wife and I are expecting a baby in July of this year and everything has gone right so far, but we've just found out that my wife is a carrier of cystic fibrosis. I have just had blood drawn today to find out if I'm a carrier as well. We're hoping for the best that I'm not a carrier to give the baby a less than 1% chance of being diagnosed with CF, but if I am a carrier it looks like the baby could have a 25% chance of being affected. Although modern technologies have helped CF patients tremendously, it still seems as if the life expectancy is not so great and quality of life isn't that great either. So I ask please for your prayers, positive vibes, happy thoughts, etc as both my wife and I struggle and wait to find out the news sometime next week. I appreciate all of it guys, you're all classy dudes in your own ways ;)

Most recent ultrasound from a week and a half ago:

I'll be sure to keep you all updated of course!

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Thanks for sharing. Must be a very difficult time. Praying and will continue to do so. Much love to your unborn little one.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Wow I am so sorry. I am also a carrier and fortunately my wife is not. My twin brother has two young daughters (3) and (2 weeks) that both have CF. As others have said the research in CF has been exponential in the past few years. The main reason why I just moved to Ohio is because the research and hospitals specialize in CF. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. My prayers are with you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk