What's new

The 2012 BOTL™ Chicagoland HERF :: June 23rd

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am brand new to BOTL but I live in the Chicago suburbs and already frequent Casa De Montecristo. I'd like to stop by and say hello this Saturday if that's ok. Do I need to formally be on a list?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
If I'm in a suit and tie... am I going to be COMPLETELY out of place???

^^^^ edit edit - P.P.S. - I don't leave until 11am on Sunday...... which means 2 things - (1) I'm game to tie one off all night (haha)... and (2) if anyone's up for an early golf game the next morning, I'm staying on a Navy base with a cheap course... PMs welcome...

Jim, I'm sure dress will be all over the spectrum... I'm going on the casual side but if you show up in a suit, so what? Looking forward to having a smoke with you.

Regarding late Saturday night and Sunday morning, I'm just going with the flow... no idea what's gonna happen. I'm sure there will be a lot of beer/rum/liquor involved so I'm guessing early golf is out of the question for me.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Do I need to formally be on a list?
If you are a lounge member at Casa, then no. If you are not and want to get into the lounge downstairs where we will be most of the time, then yes. Not sure how Eric/Jere/Casa are taking care of that at this point.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Fellow BOTL,

I will definitely plan ahead next time (live in San Diego) and join you all, but I cannot join this event. I did however, order 2 6er samplers of the UF4 in support of LP and all our BOTL that make the event! I hope you all have a great time!

P.S. ALL of you BOTL enjoy those Ratzillas if you get your hands on them!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you are a lounge member at Casa, then no. If you are not and want to get into the lounge downstairs where we will be most of the time, then yes. Not sure how Eric/Jere/Casa are taking care of that at this point.
Thanks. I am a VIP member at Casa (working remotely from here right now actually). I'll try to stop by and socialize if I can squeeze it in before another engagement I'm comitted to on Saturday evening. Honestly, I found out about BOTL after noticing a logo on an advertisement from Casa De Montecristo. Glad I found it.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Can anybody tell me whats the best Chicago Pizza place downtown. Please pm me if you can point my family in the right direction. It's my youngest sons first visit there and he wants Chi-pie!
Heading down tomorrow fellas...looking forward to seeing you all! Safe trip everyone!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contrary to popular belief, Chitown pizza does a really good thin crust...

If you want the deep dish, though, then I just always have to hit Gino's East - best crust in town. A TON of hip gourmet pizza joints are all over now... but nobody can match Gino's crust IMHO.

For Sicilian, hit Phil's Pizza D'Oro.
Absolutely agree regarding Chicago thin crust. It's the type of pizza most of us prefer here. If you are looking for the true best deep dish in the Chicago area I would suggest Burt's Place in Morton Grove. Do a few Google searches and you'll quickly learn what I'm talking about. Enjoy.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Absolutely agree regarding Chicago thin crust. It's the type of pizza most of us prefer here. If you are looking for the true best deep dish in the Chicago area I would suggest Burt's Place in Morton Grove. Do a few Google searches and you'll quickly learn what I'm talking about. Enjoy.
REALLY?? man things have changed. I only lived there for 15 or so years but during that time, it was always deep dish. Leave the thin crust to NY. Now you're gonna tell me that they're eating tofu dogs instead of red hots. How I miss Demon Dogs right under the Fullerton L. G1

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Contrary to popular belief, Chitown pizza does a really good thin crust...

If you want the deep dish, though, then I just always have to hit Gino's East - best crust in town. A TON of hip gourmet pizza joints are all over now... but nobody can match Gino's crust IMHO.

For Sicilian, hit Phil's Pizza D'Oro.
NONSENSE. Lou Malnati's crust trumps Gino's crust on even a bad day.

Ciggy, Tom, when have I ever steered you wrong? If you are downtown then your best bet is Giordano's. They're easy to find and damn good too. I prefer Lou Malnati's but I dont think they're easy to find downtown.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
On a sidenote, I am going to try to bring my iPad to the HERF tomorrow night to try and do some LIVE updates and photos. Who knows, maybe we'll even log into chat.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
NONSENSE. Lou Malnati's crust trumps Gino's crust on even a bad day.

Ciggy, Tom, when have I ever steered you wrong? If you are downtown then your best bet is Giordano's. They're easy to find and damn good too. I prefer Lou Malnati's but I dont think they're easy to find downtown.
YES Malnati's!! If you're going to search at all, make the little extra effort to go to Lou's. Ginos downtown is good but they're soooo crowded all the time and on a Saturday.. forgetaboutit. Unless you don't' mind long waits. OK hitting the hay, got to get to work early so I can skate out and get on a plane. OUT. G1

Damoba

Dan, Dan the Cigar Man
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My buddy took my wife and I to Lou's after a cubs game, one word fyeah, deep dish for those who don't know jack bout chitown deep dish, never had Gino's but I say Lou's

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Haha! This is what's great about Chicago pizza - so many great places, nobody agrees on the best! :grin:

Giordano's is a good suggestion... but I'm not with you on Malnati's. Been a while since I lived in Chicago, but I wasn't a fan of their crust (hard and not as flaky as Gino's). :dunno:
Yep, he's right. You could literally eat at a great pizza place every day of the week.