What's new

The Beard Thread

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Gravebeforeshave.com also!
Every time I grow a beard or mustache my skin turns into a giant flakey rash mess.
I had the same problem. Wear a black shirt, scratch my chin, and wow, flakes all over my shirt. I tried grave before shave bay rum beard oil which I purchased from Amazon and BAM, the dry skin and flaking is gone. It really is good stuff.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I'm going to pick some up. My new year's resolution, mostly just to piss off my wife, is to have a mustache all year .
That's half the fun of doing it. Seriously, check Amazon. Prices were cheaper than the mfg sites. Just go with a name brand with all natural ingredients. The oil lasts a long time. I have about an inch on my chin and four drops does it. Rub it also into your chin under the hair. This should get rid of the beard drift. I've been using it over a month and the bottle is still half full.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I had the same problem. Wear a black shirt, scratch my chin, and wow, flakes all over my shirt. I tried grave before shave bay rum beard oil which I purchased from Amazon and BAM, the dry skin and flaking is gone. It really is good stuff.
Keep an eye out on GBS actual website. Wayne does free shipping to US and does many discounts through the year too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Gonna put an order in once I'm out of my current soap and oil...thanks for the heads up Chris.
The beard wash they sell too is great. And eliminates alot of the "beard-druff" as well aside from using the oils which will help soften your beard too. I haven't had a bad product from them.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Gentlemans blend is the only thing I order. Love the stuff. I've tried a lot of brands and nothing has worked as well as Grave Before Shave.
I tried Mountaineer brand I think they were on etsy. I wasn't a fan.

Got sent a sampler beard oil pack from someone here from GBS and I've never used any other since.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
So is the most important thing just beard oil?
For my beard, I find if I use conditioner in it, use the oil, and the balm I have the best results. My beard is pretty unruly if I don't do all that though. If your facial hair grows straight instead of wavy you can probably get by without the balm, but I still think it would be worth the cost then. It's really inexpensive if you consider how long the product lasts.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So is the most important thing just beard oil?
Honestly everybody is different with it. My best friend has never used anything beyond shampoo and his beard grows just fine. No crazy hairs, grows straight, no problems. Now me, I have wavey hair and thus my beard grows a little odd. I need to use oil for sure, sometimes wax and oil, and a bar soap for beards. Plus you add in brushing out all the unruly hairs and then blow drying it, it can take work. I even use beard butter once a week just to try and straighten it.