What's new

The Beard Thread

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love having a beard as I hate to shave...always did hate it. When I was younger it was just whiskers that grew wherever they wanted and once I hit 30 it was like Wolfman Jack...I could literally grow a full beard in 2 weeks and then I had to trim it at least once a week to keep it looking decent. Anything over 1/2 an inch and it just hurts if I sleep on it wrong... it's like having splinters on my face and if it gets over 1 inch then it gets better but I don't like looking like a CaveMan. I have a trimmer that works great...comb through it and it looks professionally cut and trimmed and I just use shampoo and conditioner and that's it. For those who have skin issues having a beard can really help as it keeps the face moist holding in the natural oils....and I like saving money by not spending it on blades and such.

BTW....this picture here was taken at Stonehenge last year when I started a beard...that is two weeks old and there's a ton of gray..billygoat gruff!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cold press coconut oil the stuff you cook with works great, having competed at a National level and founding a beard club (Edmonton Facail Hair Club) I have use or tired a ton of products. Can't go wrong with argon oil as long as its pure (super expensive) there is a ton of stuff all good and pretty much the same. s
Tay away from anything with silicone and sulfite.

Holy awesome... this is everything my beard wants to be.
Top pic was '12 and the bottom pic was summer of '13. I could not see myself without it, I believe every man who can grow a beard should do it at least once in their life. It's being life changing much like cigars the people are great. I can't wait till I attend another one and see old familiar faces.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
What's the difference between balm and oil, do you use them both or just one or the other?
Balms are typically creams. I only use oil because that's what I have anyway. Also, I don't have dry skin so I don't need much. But, as you can see, my beard/strip is short so others with the long beards may use both or different combos

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the difference between balm and oil, do you use them both or just one or the other?
Our balms and oils are both geared towards overall beard health and keeping the skin moisturized. Moisturizing the skin will help with redness, itchiness, irritation, and ingrown hairs. The one advantage our balm has is it has some all natural beeswax and butters in it to helps style and keep the thicker, longer, out of control beards.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cold press coconut oil the stuff you cook with works great, having competed at a National level and founding a beard club (Edmonton Facail Hair Club) I have use or tired a ton of products. Can't go wrong with argon oil as long as its pure (super expensive) there is a ton of stuff all good and pretty much the same. s
Tay away from anything with silicone and sulfite.

Holy awesome... this is everything my beard wants to be.
Top pic was '12 and the bottom pic was summer of '13. I could not see myself without it, I believe every man who can grow a beard should do it at least once in their life. It's being life changing much like cigars the people are great. I can't wait till I attend another one and see old familiar faces.
ZZ Top would be proud! I have had my beard off and on for the last 20 years and I intend to keeping it for quite some time...trimmed and neat. I wonder if one could use their facial hair to draw from to add to their heads...hmmmmmmm?