What's new

The Black Dog Coffee Company.....World Debut!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Many of you know that I've had a fanatic obsession with home-roasting coffee for a some time now. Friends and family have become hooked on the stuff and have been urging me to offer coffee for sale but with the small capacity of my machines it just wasn't feasible. Well, having recently acquired a larger rig I'm proud to announce the birth of The Black Dog Coffee Company!

Black Dog Coffee will be offering select lots of Specialty Grade coffees, fresh roasted to the peak of flavor. If you prefer your beans at a lighter or darker roast, no problem. Just let me know. It's like having your own personal coffee roaster!

I'm in the early stages of this business so as I go along you'll see some changes. Starting out, I'll be offering small quantities of the many beans I already have on hand so the offerings will vary from day to day. I have a considerable amount of coffee in my stash, but some is not available for sale due to agreements made when I purchased it and I need to sort it for beans I can make available to you. Rather than me trying to keep up with changing the list of available coffee and risk not having what you want, it will be best at first if you shoot me a PM to see what is currently being roasted.

I'm waiting for cupping samples to arrive and in the next couple weeks I'll be ordering my first big burlap sacks of green coffee. After that I'll post what coffees are available and as time goes on the selection will increase.

I'm having a great time delving even deeper into this passion of mine and I look forward to being able to offer you the fresh coffee experience that you've heard us home-roasters raving about!

Enjoy!

Brian
Black Dog Coffee

Pricing: All current coffees will be $10 per pound or $5 per half pound. The only exceptions to this would be special lots like Kona, JBM or Galapagos.
Note: These will be full weight 8oz and 16oz packages, not 6oz and 12oz as many outfits are selling now.

Shipping: Packages will be shipped USPS Priority Mail. Up to 1lb will be $4.05, 2-3lbs will be $5.60+-. I believe that more than 3lbs will put it in the Flat Rate box at $8.10. I'll get the rates down to more of a science as I go along.

PM me for payment options.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Congrats on starting up your own company Brian! You think you might could offer to pregrind the cigars and may'be vacuum seal it for freshness or something like that? My grinder sucks and I don't buy whole beans that often to actually get an expensive grinder. Just wondering because it would seperate you from the others, IMO. I know I'd buy more often if it was preground (sp?).

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Great news Brian. I'm standing in line waiting for the announcement of what's available. Best of luck to you bro...

Mike

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
cvm4 said:
You think you might could offer to pregrind the cigars and may'be vacuum seal it for freshness or something like that?
He ain't pregrinding my cigars!...no thank you Cliff!!

:grin:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Congrats. Starting a new business is like having kids. Ups and downs, bumps and bruises. But when they grow up...look out world. Way to change the things you can!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Guys this coffee is unreal. I'm not exaggerating. I had a couple cups again this am and was floored. Brian the packaging is very professional. I love the company statement on the back.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Congrats Brian!!!! I'm glad to hear that you're really getting into something that I love more every day I do it. As a matter of fact here in a few minutes I'm going to go roast probably 25-30lbs of coffee for the shop. If you ever need anything that you can't get your hands on let me know.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
cvm4 said:
Congrats on starting up your own company Brian! You think you might could offer to pregrind the cigars and may'be vacuum seal it for freshness or something like that? My grinder sucks and I don't buy whole beans that often to actually get an expensive grinder. Just wondering because it would seperate you from the others, IMO. I know I'd buy more often if it was preground (sp?).
I don't have a commercial grade grinder but would consider it on a limited basis. It would probably be just as good to ship it in a valve bag as ground fresh roasted coffee would still be off-gassing anyway and would puff up and possibly burst a vac sealed bag. Either way, the coffee will stale faster once it's ground.