What's new

The Black Dog Coffee Company.....World Debut!

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm on the way out there door, but I saw this thread, and wanted to drop in my couple of pennies, I just got my order from B a couple days ago....And the coffee is fantabulous!!! I have already gone through my 1/2lb of Australian MT, and just popped into the Costa Rican..

If you are wanting a website B, let me know...I haven't done any designing in the last couple years, but I can probably get something basic set up for you, or set you in touch with a professional if that is what you want!

drew

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Cannot say enough good things about Black Dog Coffee (also can't say it without that LZ tune running through my head! :guitar: ).

Question for Brian...I have a burr grinder and when I ground up some Guatamala Huehuetenango for the first time, there was A LOT of grounds remaining on the grinder. That's okay I thought, chalking it up to static.

Then I brewed some Ethiopian Horse's Ass (as it will now forever be known) and it did not cling to the burrs at all...very clean. Tried the GH again and had the same result of coffee coating the grinder.

My question...is the Guatamalan just more of an oily bean? Is that what is making it stick? Just curious. Great taste for both, especially the GH...no acid, excellent taste w/pleasant finish. Perfect for drinking black, which is my yardstick for measuring how tasty a coffee is.

Looking forward to trying some more roasts after these are gone. :thumbsup:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
tripp said:
I love the ethieopian horse's ass coffee. (That may not be the exact name):grin: Just got two pounds of it today!!!!!
Ratbert said:
Then I brewed some Ethiopian Horse's Ass (as it will now forever be known) :
I just can't stand it. Employees are asking why I falling out of my chair laughing.:hysterica :hysterica :hysterica

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Thank you for the kind words guys! I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the coffee. It gladdens a roasters heart to hear that!
As for service, I'm only trying to give the kind of service I appeciate myself from vendors. It's the least I can do after all your help getting me going.

My apologies for taking so long to reply here. I had a tough day today and have a long night ahead. I owe some of you PM's and will be in touch later this evening.
Thanks Again!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I'm almost through my first order. I need to wake up earlier to brew a pot. Yes, I get up late.

I also still need to pick up a good grinder instead of my crappy whirl grinder.

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm still working on my first order as well.... mainly b/c I dont get up early enough either Tom. By crappy whirl grinder do you mean one of those cheapo blade grinders you can find at places like Bed Bath & Beyond / Walmart? Mine works alright, but has a very uneven grind so I get some really fine parts that makes it thru the filter on my press and some larger bits of bean.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yea, kinda like that Patrick. I use an up and down motion as I grind to help even it out. I just need to get a Capresso grinder

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have really enjoyed all the different coffees that I've gotten, but I got to tell you it's starting to make me feel like a crack dealer. Whenever I take a bag into work (to enjoy a late morning pot of fine brew), these junkies seem to appear wanting to rob my stash in their little mini zip-locks. Brian will turn me into a dealer before it's over with. Currently I've got everyone jonesin' on the guatamalan huehuetenango. Good stuff.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
You need some business cards to hand out for Brian so they can get their own fix! Like the cheez-it commercial, get your own box!/coffee!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I know this sounds funny but I use a very cheap grinder. I noticed the grind was very uneven so I give the grinder a little shake while I grind and it seemed to have helped. I guess I shouldn't be so cheap and just buy a real grinder.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
FPDoc77 said:
I know this sounds funny but I use a very cheap grinder. I noticed the grind was very uneven so I give the grinder a little shake while I grind and it seemed to have helped. I guess I shouldn't be so cheap and just buy a real grinder.
Yes you should. The grind is so important. I need to buy one too.,

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0