What's new

The grand experiment

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
lol.. the dog turds was a joke (that I probably didnt word very well)...

no intention of spreading doggie doo on our plants guys! :)

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
So few things…

1. Sign me up as a guinea pig
2. If there are any specific questions you guys have let me know. I am not an expert at all, but…
a. I'm going on the DE Safari in 39 days and am happy to ask people there​
b. After Safari I'm spending an extra 4 days in Nica with a friend who happens to own his own factory. I'll be taking some time to learn roll/more about the process while I'm there.​

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I would not mind being a guinea pig at all. Also I hope this works out cause then maybe the BOTL can have a BOTL cigar made by actual BOTL members. 2 sticks per active member haha.

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
i got a shit ton of coffee grinds if you want for the soil

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
So few things…

2. If there are any specific questions you guys have let me know. I am not an expert at all, but…
b. After Safari I'm spending an extra 4 days in Nica with a friend who happens to own his own factory. I'll be taking some time to learn roll/more about the process while I'm there.​

(If I may)

- I'd be interested in learning more about their drainage methods....
- acquisition of young seed from Nica :) - not sure about the law regarding such
- temperature variances (how long curing at specific temps) - this is well documented by some cigar makers, but I haven't been able to obtain first hand info from those doing the actual curing..

I'm not intending to hijack your thread Dave. Just curious about these things. I'll use PM for anything else (if that's ok dscl?)

Last edited:

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
i use very little in "grows" for home growing. I mix it in soiless mixes. Really good for adding to homemade compost. Dave gotta worry more about keeping those destroying machines he calls dogs from chewing up the crop lol

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I'm not intending to hijack your thread Dave. Just curious about these things. I'll use PM for anything else (if that's ok dscl?)
not a threadjack at all.. I appreciate you asking these sorts of questions and providing the information you have so far.... thats exactly the intent of this thread.. we're looking for help! :)

all recommendations, suggestions, thoughts, opinions, etc.. are welcomed (and encouraged!)

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
So few things…

(If I may)

- I'd be interested in learning more about their drainage methods....
- acquisition of young seed from Nica :) - not sure about the law regarding such
- temperate variances (how long curing at specific temps) - this is well documented by some cigar makers, but I haven't been able to obtain first hand info from those doing the actual curing..

I will do my best to obtain answers to these :D

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
i use very little in "grows" for home growing. I mix it in soiless mixes. Really good for adding to homemade compost. Dave gotta worry more about keeping those destroying machines he calls dogs from chewing up the crop lol
I just put in a 4' picket fence around the garden area a couple of weekends ago lol... they went straight for it and started trying to chew down the fence posts.. but didnt get too far after I doused them in Marie's Habanero Sauce real good (I guess they dont care much for the heat :) )....

the cedar planter boxes we tried last year didnt work at all... after they ate everything in the garden (actually consumed everything from squash and zucchini to tomato plants and cilantro..).. they pulled up the planter boxes and ate the cedar planks..

Im hoping hot sauce doused 4x4's set 36" into the ground with concrete keeps them out this year (still not completely convinced though... sigh...)...