What's new

The grand experiment

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This sounds like an amazing adventure and a lot of fun. The Journey will be where the joy is. It I you end up producing some great sticks, that will make it even better. You'll still have a hoot even if they are dog rockets!!!

I'd love to be a guinea pig if you still have slots left.

Keep us posted.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
When I was searching the internet for cigar terms I came across this web page:

http://www.tobacconistuniversity.org/index.asp

I was really surprised about how much information was there. I'd bet there's more there than you can even read while during the whole process. There appears to be a whole lot of guys that grow and roll. I'm looking forward to seeing how your experiment goes. I have been a beer brewer for more than 20 years, and have also grown my own hops. Even if they don't make it in the beer, they're pretty. Tobacco plants look cool and are even better if you can smoke em!

~~fred

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Awesome idea, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I would be willing to pitch in some cash if you guys need to purchase any type of equipment or anything to help out.

Also can I take shot at designing a band?

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Awesome idea, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I would be willing to pitch in some cash if you guys need to purchase any type of equipment or anything to help out.

Also can I take shot at designing a band?
We will definitely accept your help with designing a band :applause:

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
there's actually some decent information on that site about growing... I didnt know I needed to "top" the plants while they are growing (now I do!)....

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
In less than 20 minutes I became a certified master tobacco farmer and was certified as a master a curing lol... they even sent me a couple of certificates by email signed by the masters to prove it! :)

there really is some decent information in the "lessons" though.. stuff I didnt know before... that will be useful once I get the plants in the ground..

Im ready for them to publish the 3rd lesson now.. so I can become a master roller next! :grin:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have a pint of raw pepper powder that I made a few years ago
If you could spare a couple of teaspoons.. I'll take you up on that!

These two clowns are beyond reproach.. it is amazing what has been tried (and not worked)...

We went the "invisible fence" route probably six months ago.. tried fencing off key parts of the yard so they wouldnt destroy things (like the house).... put the "correction collars" on them... etc..etc..

One of them decided he liked being shocked.. and would without exaggerating go sit in the electrical field for 5 or 8 minutes at a time... you could tell he was getting the hell zapped out of him.. his front paws would shake, his back leg would wiggle, he'd sling his head all around, snorting, etc.. but he would sit there.. bouncing all around like he was having an epileptic seizure.. then a few minutes later, when he got bored with it, he'd skip out of the field and go find something else to chew up lol...

after a week or so of that.. I guess they figured out it was the collar that made everything work... and each of them chewed the $129 collar off of the other one.. and left them in the yard..

these two are menaces... (that my wife dearly loves and wont let me set fire to... lol...)....
Lmao that's hilarious. I bet watching it was much funnier than the mental image

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I imagine your biggest challenge is going to be fermentation.
I agree... I'm glad that part is Curtis' problem lol...

I've got the easy job...

If this all works out... It's going to be due to Eddie and Curtis having mad skills... I'm just dropping some seeds in the dirt :)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Got back home this weekend after being out of town for the week... seeds have arrived! they even threw in some Harrow Velvet seeds (I am assuming this was a mistake????).....

I immediately started the germination process with the habano, CT broadleaf, and criollo.. I opted not to plant any harrow velvet.. after looking into it a little bit, its a burley, that is sometimes used in pipes.. but is often used in cigarettes.. didn't want to take up space in the garden with something I don't see us even playing with in the cigars..

Im hoping to get 2 or 3 good seedlings out of this tray from each variety.. (total of 6-9 plants)..

Should be ready to go into the ground in about 8 weeks.. but I will probably hold off planting them for 10 just to be sure the final frost has passed and we are truly into Spring..

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is awesome.....I just realized that was all I had to add....I thought I would type more but I think I'm speechless, just that its awesome, okay thanks.