What's new

the neophyte piper diary

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
He's been a HUGE help today also. I was ready to pull hair out of my head with all the damn jars. I just couldn't find what I wanted until I just said hell with it and got the mason jars. I just needed the piece of mind that someone else uses them and thinks their just as good as some of the other jars out there. I know @KWilliams gave me a website I'll check out as well. I really just need to find a place to store all of this before I buy more.
I think I'll eventually get a half gallon size bail jar like Kelvin just for my MS River...
Waddaya think @K Williams?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I think I'll eventually get a half gallon size bail jar like Kelvin just for my MS River...
Waddaya think @K Williams?
Already looking into some of those. And I think I need to start making more room for all of this because I don't have much as it is. @K Williams always looking out for the brothers here! Wish I saw the store before I hit wally's world. But now I know for next time. Road trip a mere 20-30 minutes away and a hell of a lot poorer....from a container store none the less. That will be some story to tell my gf....LOL

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That Savinelli looks really nice. I like that it's so small and portable. How long does a full bowl last you?

I may have to pull the trigger on this next month or two.....

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That Savinelli looks really nice. I like that it's so small and portable. How long does a full bowl last you?

Bowl times vary. There's really no time frame. I'm a fast cigar smoker. So a big bowl for me probably 45 minutes. For you it could be totally different.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks Jimmy - It really is a good looking pipe and brother - it smokes like a champ. I love that pipe! I don't see you being disappointed if a "nose warmer" is in your sights. With respect to how long the bowl lasts,

Bowl times vary. There's really no time frame. I'm a fast cigar smoker. So a big bowl for me probably 45 minutes. For you it could be totally different.
Chris is 100% right. That being said, on average if I am smoking a little fast it'll last 25-30 min. If I am nice and relaxed, I have pulled out a 45 min smoke from it. Note that some tobaccos burn slower as well.

Now the thing was I wanted a small pipe. And this is small. It's a great pipe for me in my car. I drive stick so I can hold it and shift. Actually, it's so comfortable it generally only leaves my mouth to tamp. But... but the Lolita line which is the line this pipe comes from, comes in 4 different sizes. The pipes are all the same length/style, but the bowls change in size. Mine is the 01. The 01 having the smallest bowl. The 04 having the largest bowl in the line. If a maximum longer smoke is desired, look to the 02 - 04.

I would love to get an 04 and almost did, but I found another Sav that I just had to get so...

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
LOL awesome! Now I'm thread jacking. Sorry Sea!
Though you did start this with showing off that sexy Lolita!! Maybe i'll have 1 or 4 whiskeys tonight and order it! :)
Problem here is my apartment is small and my 2 cobs are starting to smell the joint up. Not sure i can handle a third... Tupperware may work but then I'm worried my pipes will take on that nasty stale smoke smell just sitting in there marinating in nastiness......

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
LOL awesome! Now I'm thread jacking. Sorry Sea!
Though you did start this with showing off that sexy Lolita!! Maybe i'll have 1 or 4 whiskeys tonight and order it! :)
Problem here is my apartment is small and my 2 cobs are starting to smell the joint up. Not sure i can handle a third... Tupperware may work but then I'm worried my pipes will take on that nasty stale smoke smell just sitting in there marinating in nastiness......
Go to your local pet store and, in the aquarium aisle, pick up some activated charcoal/carbon. Put a bowl of it in your Tupperware container and it will take care of the smell for you.

So go buy that pipe!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0